F O R T Y - N I N E

Heyyooo

Super long chapter sorry not sorry. I had a lot of things that I wanted to happen in this chapter, but my brain just spits out something entirely different. Next chapter will be the dinner and some ~stuff~ so watch out for that. 

Any predictions for what will happen? I love hearing your thoughts!

Thx for reading, commenting, and voting. I love you all (even my ghost readers :) )

Xx alexia

It wasn't easy falling asleep last night. Any day I spend a lot of time with Grayson- which is most days- I struggle falling asleep without him. The self-loathing part of my brain tells me that I'm just a clingy girlfriend, but the more rational part of me recognizes that it may be a side-effect of the mate bond. I don't know the consequences of marking and not mating with werewolves, but maybe we're just more drawn to each other? 

I definitely need to ask him because not getting sleep is not okay. After the whole sleeping spell nightmare, I value my sleep so much more. After watching two movies with Mom, I literally crawled up the stairs and rolled myself up in a burrito in my sheets that definitely aren't as soft as the ones at Grayson's.

Looking at the ugly bags under my eyes, I realize that what Grayson offered last night was real. He asked me to move in with him. Live with him full-time. Holy crap. I really freaking want to. The clock reads 7:15 A.M. meaning that I have a lot of time to waste until my 2:00 class with Cooper. 

I decide that today's a good day to experiment with make-up. I've never been great at it, but after spending many years with Cassie, I've picked up a few things. Now that I have a boyfriend, I've been paying more attention to her clothing, make-up, and hair talks with me. I'd like to think I've learned from her, but who knows. 

After messing up the wing liner twice, I decide that it's just not in the cards for me today. I end up with a lavender and violet smokey eye with some light glitter to make me look more alive. Backing up from the mirror, I grin wide at my reflection. I don't look half bad.

I dress in a pair of mom jeans, a white crop top, and plan to wear a big fluffy jacket over it for when I'm outside. This was one of the items that Cooper insisted I buy when we were at the mall because I apparently have horrible taste. I throw my hair up in a cute messy bun and bound down the stairs to make some coffee- I'm gonna need at least three cups to get through today.

Mom's already downstairs with Evie. I came down just in time for breakfast. I smile and shake my head when I see that Mom made heart and star shaped chocolate chip pancakes with a side of scrambled eggs to "get in our morning protein." She's a sucker for Evie, but I'm not complaining because I also reap the benefits.

"Good morning, honey. How did you sleep?" My mom doesn't even look at me as she automatically grabs my favorite mug from the cabinet and begins brewing coffee for me. She's an angel.

"Fine, I guess," I mumble as I grab a plate and begin serving myself. I compliment Evie on her butterfly hair clips and she giggles out a thank you.

"What do you mean 'I guess'?" Mom looks at me with a slight tilt of her head and some motherly concern. I blow out a big puff of air as I think about how to tread carefully with this topic.

"Well, I got home on the later side last night and we were up watching movies. I kind of had trouble falling asleep, too."

"Oh no, sweetie. Are you having nightmares again?" Her hand is on my forehead in an instant as she checks me for a fever. "You know, I didn't say anything before, but you were up all hours of the night mumbling strange things. You looked really sick, but then after your 'sleepover with Cooper'" she hand quotes, "you were miraculously better. Want to tell me what that was about?"