F I F T E E N

Hey guys! I just checked this morning and saw that there's 200 views on DSOTM! Wow!! In honor of that, I thought I'd post another chapter to show how grateful I am for all of you who have been reading! Enjoy and keep voting and commenting!

The ride to our unknown destination is a quick one- only about fifteen minutes. Since my mom and I share a car, I don't get to use it too often, therefore I've never gotten to explore the surrounding towns. She usually uses the car to drive to work, and I only drive when I need to pick up groceries or run other errands. Grayson is driving in the opposite direction of town, where I haven't ever explored before. It's not in walking distance of my house, so I'm quite excited to see where he's taking me.

I'm practically shaking in my seat, my knee bouncing up and down in anticipation. Nothing can stop the smile on my face. I'm with a cute boy who says he has a surprise for me. This is the most adventurous thing I've ever done!

"Baby," Grayson chuckles as he places his hand on my knee to stop it from bouncing up and down. "Calm down, we're almost there."

"Sorry," I answer, though I'm not really sorry. "I'm just really excited! Where are we going?" I look at him with wide, excited eyes.

"Not telling," he answered in a taunting tone.

I honestly have no clue where we're going. We drove out of town and now it looks like we're in the next small town over. He weaved in and out of dirt roads until we got here, and if he weren't driving I would have never found it. The amount of turns it took to get here made my head spin, and it almost seems like the town was designed to be hard to find.

After a few more minutes of driving, he pulls into a spot in a parking lot; the ground is covered in small white pebbles, and all around us is a large park. Other families are playing frisbee, eating on picnic benches, and spending time out in the sun. The park is lined by a large forest, my eyes assaulted by a sea of greens and browns as they take in the new environment. It was beautiful with the sun shining down on us, creating a golden glow that gave off an almost ethereal effect. The breeze was light, yet it sent a wonderful scent of wildflowers and freshly cut grass to my nose. The dandelions spread along the grass scattered into a million pieces with the wind, the white pieces floating through the forest, then disappearing out of my sight.

As soon as I get out of the car, Grayson comes around and takes my hand in his. In his other hand, he holds a small wrapped gift box with a pretty bow on top. My face begins to hurt with all of the smiling I'm doing today, but I can't help it.

"Is that for me?" I point to the present in his hand. It has lavender wrapping paper, which I told Grayson was my favorite color.

"Of course. You'll get to open it later." He gives me a jaw dropping smile that can't be described as anything except heart-stopping. Which my heart nearly does.

I tighten my hand in his as we continue walking towards the edge of the parking lot where a large truck sits. "Thank you. You didn't have to get me anything, though." I feel a little bad. He got me something, but I don't have anything for him in return. I wish he had told me so I could have gotten him something special.

"I wanted to. I hope you like it."

"Well of course I'll like it," I reassure him with a smile. "You got it for me, so I'll love it no matter what it is."

He stops walking to face me. He lets go of my hand, and I'm disappointed for only a second before warm tingles spread through my cheek. He cups my face and sets a gentle kiss on my forehead. My eyelids close with the warm feeling passing through me. I sigh in contentment. Just being near him makes me happy.