~ Chapter 6 ~

"Help me, help me." He squeezed my body against his, making all the space between us dissapear.
"Shh baby, I'm here."

After some minutes I realized what I was doing. I pulled back, however I stumbled over my feet, causing me to fall down on his bed.

"Sleep here Leila, the thunder won't be over until tomorrow morning. You can go back to your room in the morning."

"No thank you mister D'Amico. I-I... it doesn't feel good to sleep here in your room."

I got up walking towards the door, but he held my wrist stopping me.

"Why doesn't it feel good?"
I sighed. "Because you are engaged. I'm your maid. If someone sees us here together they'll make up stories. And I'm kinda tired of those. I don't wanna be blamed anymore."

"No one will make up stories." He looked at me for a moment.

"They will, believe me they will."
"No one will Leila." He said this time stern.

"I'll sleep on the couch you can sleep on the bed."
"No!" Oeps that was pretty loud.

He furrowed his eyebrows.
"Sorry. I mean no as in you can sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch. I mean you are pretty tall, the couch won't be comfortable."

He nodded.
"Sleep."

Okay I guess? I made my way towards the couch. I'll fit perfectly on this one. But there's no blanket and no pillow. Should I ask him? No Leila, just sleep.

I laid there as he went away to the bathroom I guess.
No matter how hard I tried to sleep it didn't work.

The thunder had no intention to stop. And the fact that I was sleeping in his room made me restless. Like I've never slept together with a man in one room before. Let's hope no one will see me. I'll sneak out in the morning.

While I was deeply in my thoughts, thinking about this, Massimo made it's way out of the bathroom.

"Why are you still awake?"
Madre mia those abs. Why can't he just wear a t-shirt? Shut up Leila, you are sleeping in his room.

"Leila?"
"Uuh I, I don't know."
"Sleep, okay?"
I nodded, as I turned around to the other side. This way I don't have to face him, because my eyes are kinda out of control.

I felt something spread out on me.
"What is.."
"It's a blanket, don't worry. Here's your pillow."
He threw one of his pillows at me and I catched it before it collided with my face.

"Thank you."
"Welcome, now sleep."

I'll try but sleep is the last thing that I have on my mind right now. Hopefully time goes by quickly.

His footsteps made me sense that he went towards his bed. The lights were dimmed.

15 minuted passed like this. Will he be asleep now? Turn around Leila.

I turned around, seeing him reading a book on his bed. He is really into books, not like me. The univeristy makes me hate books. I mean not hate, but yeah you got me.

"Done looking at me?"
What?! How?! Like he is reading his book!

"I wasn't."
He closed his book placing it on the drawer next to him.
"I'll turn the lights off. Good night Leila."
"Good night."

The lights were tuned off. This is kinda awkward. Is he sleeping? Is he not? Why do I even care. Madre mia go to sleep already Leila.

The rumble of the thunder made me sit up in on go. My breath got uneven. The patter of the rain against the windown made it worse. That day, that day, why can't I remove it from my memory?