~ Chapter 9 ~

"Would you like to play a game darling?" A sinister smirk appearing on his lips. His eyes all malignant and dark, making me shiver in fear.

"Dodge the bullets if you can."

"Mister D..D'Amico. P-please stop." I stammered.
"Hmm stammering all of a sudden. Where is that tongue of yours huh? That tongue that keeps talking shit. Where did your boldness all of sudden go Leila?"

"Mister D'Amico, I'm sorry. Keep that away, please." I begged as I kept stepping back. Not aware of what was behind me.

"Keep begging Leila. You awakened the beast inside of me, and you shall taste him."
The darkness was all around, his eyes, his posture. The beast, that is what he is. He isn't human, he is a beast. A merciless beast.

"Bye Leila." He fired, but I could bend on time. The bullet dissapeard in the air next to me. He's going to kill me, he's really going to kill me.
Run Leila, run!

I picked my dress up and I kicked my heels out.  Running in these things isn't possible. Run Leila run!

"Running away darling." The beast said as he stepped out of his car.

I didn't look at him. The only thing I was foccused on was running for my life, like litterly.

I felt the bullets around me, but none of them pierced my body.

"Ouch!" I fell down. "Not now, not now!"
"Seems like you can't run either." I felt the cold metal on the back of my head.

"Please don't do this."
"Turn around and get the fuck up." He commanded angrily.
I did ask he asked. His gun was now pointed on my forehead.

"Count to three and you'll be in the other world."
The tears rolled over my cheeks. He was dead serious. After all he's a mafia boss, they don't have mercy. Besides he killed a man in front of my eyes as if it was normal.

Do you want it to end like this Leila?
Do you really want this? No, I want to live. I looked around me observing the area. There was a hill that led towards the woods. I could hear the sea as well. Will I surive if I jump? I can't even swim.

"You won't take my life Massimo D'Amico."
"One." He reloaded his gun. His eyes showing me so much hate.
"You can't." I said again.
"Two." Now Leila, jump!
"Three." He fired but I jumped just on time down the hill. I screamed in pain as my back hit some stones. My body was all scratched up by thorns and branches.

I came to al halt down the hill. "M-mom..." The darkness surrounded me slowly, until it consumed me. I was all alone when I passed out.

~~~Massimo's POV~~~
"Leila!" I shouted shocked.
Did she really jump?!
"Leila! Leila!" I shouted as I made my way down the hill. However something made me stop.

"Why do I care? Why do I care about her? It's only better for me if she dies. You are a mafia boss Massimo, don't forget that. One day you'd kill her yourself. It's only better if she dies by herself. Let her go. Go back to Andrea." I spoke to myself.

I went back to my car, but the image of Leila jumping down the hill was plastered on my mind.

Is she dead? Is she injured? Is she in pain?

"Stop it damn it!" I slammed the car as I got in. As I drove away I noticed Leila's heels on the road.

"Go drive away, fucking idiot. Drive!"

I drove away with so much speed that if I'd make one mistake with the steering weel I'd be finished in seconds.

"Don't think about her Massimo. She was just a  girl who didn't pay your debt. And you've killed people who didn't pay you back, she doesn't make any difference."