~ Chapter 36 ~

"No, he'll beg me to kill him."

He left, the quietness surrounding me slowly. My heart pulsing, I could hear it, as if it happened in slowmotion.

Memories from the past haunted me instantly, moments of despair and pain. The beatings, the mental abuse, the pain my dad and step-mother has given me killed me.

If I will stay here longer then I'll go crazy. "Take a shower Leila and do something to get yourself busy," I spoke to myself as I got up taking some clothes with me to the bathroom.

When I undressed myself I saw the many scars that I had on my body, all the abuse, it was visible on my body. Will Massimo like me if he sees these scars?

Questions popping up in my brain as time ticked by slowly. My hand trailed of to my stomach seeing a red mark, a mark that would never go away. I tried to wash it many times but it stayed there, it stayed there to remind me of the torture that I have been through.

Tears did not come because they were finished, at least for now. The thing that makes me afraid at this point is whether Massimo will like me when he'll see me naked for the first time.

"Oeff Leila stop thinking and take a shower," I told myself, getting into the shower quickly before more nonsense entered my mind.

The water touched my skin, making me feel relaxed. However, I wouldn't be Leila if I didn't keep on thinking about Massimo. I can't deny that this man does something to me, to be more specifik to my heart.

There is this feeling that I can't put a finger on everytime he approaches me. His kisses, his smirk, his smile everything about this man is unique.

"What am I doing? Shower Leila shower!"

After a good 10 minutes I got finally out of the shower, wearing my clothes.

I brushed my hair and got out of our room since my mind started to fantisize about Massimo and I did not want that to happen.

"Leila, your hair is wet, dry it or you'll get sick," Myla spoke as she apprached me from the kitchen.

"I'm fine Myla," I mumbled. She looked at me but her gaze was longer than usual, as if she was trying to pinpoint my emotions.

"Did you fight with mister D'Amico?" She asked. "No Myla. Why?" - "Because he walked out of the door as if he could kill anyone who would approach him. Ramilo asked him something, but he just gave him a dead glare to which Ramilo went with him in the car to I don't know."

"Ramilo went with him?" I asked.

"Yes, but you seem to know where they went don't you?" I sighed walking away to the kitchen where I got myself a cup of tea before I took place at the table.

"Should I make something for you Leila?" Myla asked.

"No thank you, come sit with me." She smiled at my respond as she got herself a cup of tea as well.

"Now tell me, what's the matter, why do you look so sad?"

"You know that I get panick attacks whenever there's thunder right?" She nodded her head.

"I have been through something terrible that caused me trauma. And let's say Massimo is taking care of the person who caused me this."

"What trauma Leila?" - "It's a long story Myla, but promise me you won't tell anyone." - "I promise."

She placed her hand in front of her mouth in shock when I told her everything.

"I- I'm so sorry Leila, I didn't know you have been through so much. I'm sorry to say this but your dad is a d*ckhead. For real, if I were you I would have reported that old grandma to the police already."