~ Chapter 23 ~

Woke up in the middle of the night and I checked Wattpad. Hope chapter 23 is working now. Sleep tight♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Didn't I tell you, you had to kill me in order to get a divorce from me?"

"Massimo..." I whispered.
"How?" How is this possible? Just a few minutes back he was laying on the bed, wired to all kind of things, and now he's standing in front of me.

"Where were you going?" His angry modus was on.

"I.. I was going away." I was ashamed. How could I divorce him when he was not even healed? But at the same time his mom didn't leave me any other choice.

"Where?"
"I was going away from you."
"You think I wouldn't find out once I'd wake up?"
"No. I knew you'd find out but I just.. I thought this would have been better for the both of us."

"Why did you sign those papers?" He wasn't amused by my answer.
"I told you."
"Don't lie." There was darkness in his eyes, his mafia beast came out.

"I'm not lying."
"Leila I hate liars. Wanna find out what I do to liars?" There was a threatening tone in the way he spoke.
"No." I murmered my face all red.

"She is lying Massimo." That was Ramilo.
Why can't he just support me?

"She is lying look at her face color."
"Tell me Leila." He forced me to look at him. His eyes were so intimidating, it was as if they read all my thoughts. I just wanted to dissolve into air. Since when wasn't I able to look him into his eyes?

His gaze was so intense that it forced me to look away.
"Tell me." He spoke as he stroked my cheek slowly with the back of his finger.

"Your mom."
"What's with my mom?"
"She made me do it. I mean she forced me."
"Explain."
"She showed me a video in which two men were beating my dad. They had tied him up on a chair. I.. I.." I sniffed. He wiped my tears away.

"Shhh... Continue." he spoke, but this time softly.
"Your mom threatened me that she would kill my dad if I didn't sign the papers."
"She blackmailed you." I nodded.

"Our divorce is not valid."
"What?" I asked confused.
"But your mom.." - "It's not valid. In fact my mom is in big trouble." His voice darkened again.

"She's in hmmpp..." his facial expression was everything except happy. Madre Mia why didn't I notice earlier?

"Massimo, go inside. You just had your surgery, go inside." I held him by his arm, too scared that he'd collapse.

"I'm fine." He tried to stand.
"You're not fine Massimo." Ramilo spoke as he made him lean on him.
"Leila. Go inside." Massimo managed to say. He saw that I hesitated.

"Leila, go inside or else I'll stay here until you go inside." He's no different than his mom. I shook my head as I went inside, but I'd swear that I saw a slight smirk on his lips. This man is really something. He just got four bullets, but look at him still smirking.

"Careful Massimo, don't walk to quick. You just ran a few minutes ago."
"What?!" I shrieked as I turned around in shock.
"Did you run?!" He nodded slowly, the pain visible on his face.

"Madre mia are you out of your mind?! Why did you run?! What if your wounds opened?! What if you got hurt?! Massimo D'Amico don't you dare to run again!" I was out of breath as I raised my finger at him.

Ramilo and Massimo looked at each other as the both of them started to laugh like there was no tomorrow.

"Madre mia heck yeah! Well Massimo, she's just like my wife. Good luck bro, she'll fuck you up."
Massimo's intense gaze and his playful smile made me come back to reality. Why did I behave like that?