~ Chapter 22 ~

I won't say goodbye Leila. Keep me in your heart, I'll always be there my love.

~~~ Leila's POV ~~~

"No! Nooo! Massimo! Wake up Massimo!"
"Leila calm down, calm down." Ramilo hugged me, trying to avert my gaze from Massimo's body.

"Ramilo, please make him wake up! Please!" I cried as I hit him with my fists, trying to get rid of the pain in my chest.

"Miss D'Amico, he passed out due to the amount of blood he lost. Instead of crying, please pray for him. We'll do our best to save your husband."

Husband? He's my husband, he is. But do I feel like this? Do I consider him as my husband? I don't know, but what I do know is that he risked his own life for me. Me, his wife.

The whole flight to the hospital was endless. Seeing Massimo laying there without any movement broke me into pieces.

I was furious at myself. I kept telling myself, Leila he tortured you why do you even care? Wouldn't it be better if he just dies so you can move on with your life? Wouldn't it be better to live on your own and to not have a husband like him?

The more I asked myself these questions the more it consumed me. Was it maybe compassion that I felt? Did I feel sorry? Oeff my brain was messing with me.

The helicopter landed on the roof of the hospital. Doctors were already standing in line, including his men. How are his men everwhere?

They carried him away in a hurry, not giving me the chance to have a look at him.

"Ramilo,Ramilo, I want to go with him. I want to be with him." I sniffed.
"Leila, you can't. They need to do the surgery." He hugged me as he made me sit on the chair in the hallway.

"Ramilo what if they do something to him? What if they try to kill him?"
"They won't. They are our doctors, and this hospital belongs to Massimo. Besides, our men are in the room with them, they won't harm him."

Thoughts of his words kept appearing in my head. He wanted me to forgive him. Would I? Was it fair to forgive him?

I tried to calm myself, even though the tears didn't stop. My eyes were burning from the cry sessions that I've been having lately.

How is he able to have this much effect on me? Why do I care about him? Why can't my tears stop? Why do I want to scream? Stop it already!

"Leila, come. You are dehydrated, they need to check you. Your legs are also not in the best condition."

I looked at my legs. They were all bruised with dry blood stains. Massimo did this to me. Isn't this a karma for him? Isn't this his punishment?

"Leila." Ramilo brought me out of my thoughts. There were two nurses standing next to him.

I gave him my hand and he held it as if I'd fall, which was true. I'm weak, and I wasn't able to walk properly.

However a few minutes back with Massimo it was different. The amount of power that I was feeling back then was insane. I could run to be with him in the hospital, if they didn't allow me to go with them in the helicopter.

"Ramilo, I don't want to go. Please let me stay here, I can't leave his side."

"Leila look at me. Massimo told me to take care of you and you know that his words are law. Little girl, I still want to live you know, I'm not in the mood to die. So if I don't take care of you then he'll finish me." He chuckeld.

"No. He'll fuck you up, as he likes to say it." I replied with a little smile. How weird of us that we were laughing about Massimo's rude words. But at the same time his words were funny. I'll fuck you up, how many times did he say that?