Chapter 39

Hello, fellow fanders!

IT TOOK ME THREE WEEKS AND IT'S NOT EVEN 1600 FUCK WRITERS BLOCK MAN.

WARNINGS : Mentions of medicine, ovedose, suicide watch, swearing, I think that's it?

...........

Despite the school's best efforts, Logan still thought the building looked like a hospital.

The building wasn't as tall as most hospitals -- around two stories if Logan had to guess -- but still covered a considerable amount of land. Large windows were dotted every few metres through which Logan assumed were to let in the maximum amount of light. The residences Logan could see through the windows were not too different from their own dorm rooms apart from the fact they were larger, and nicer. The shape of the building was strange as well, not exactly a rectangle but definitely not a square either.

He climbed the steps briskly as possible while he re-read the paper on his hand for the umpteenth time. Jasmine Reed was written on the inside of the paper; the name of the girl in their computing class who Logan was sure had also been in the principal's office. Of course he could be wrong, but so far his memory had proven to be nothing less than impeccable.

The doors slid open to reveal a lobby of sorts. There were houseplants in every corner, a few couches and armchairs dotted across the floor and a marble-topped receptionists desk in the corner. A few students were sitting together and Logan couldn't help but overhear their conversation as he walked past them.

"Look, I know it was dumb but he made the first move okay?" The boy speaking had a blond undercut and was sporting a bloody nose. He was pleading his case to a girl with brown mid length hair who was rubbing her forehead.
"That doesn't mean you punch him back, Mato." she said with a long-suffering sigh.
"I will punch whoever the fuck I want to."

Right. This place is also the nurse's office.

Logan hadn't done much research on the building, but he knew that there wasn't an infirmary anywhere else in the school. Within the short time that he'd attended the LGBTQ+ club he'd learned from older students the typical layout of Conva.

The first rooms you would see behind the reception was the infirmary. It took up about half of the first floor and held students with fevers, fainting spells and your usual case injuries. It was a boarding school after all. Anything too serious and the students would be sent home, but that was hardly the case.

The rest of the first floor and the second one was dedicated to rehabilitation rooms. The rooms were a mix of private and shared, and depending on how bad your condition was you would be assigned to one. There was a dining area, a common room and one of their seniors had even mentioned an atrium-like open area in the center of the facility.

The place was clearly designed for long stays.

Logan approached the front desk and found a receptionist humming to himself and watching his computer screen with interest. He stood in front of the desk awkwardly for a few seconds before piping up.

"Um, excuse me?"

He looked up at Logan and smiled knowingly, before straightening up. "Hello, there. Are you here to admit yourself?" Logan blinked, before shaking his head.

"Um, no- I was just here to visit somebody?"

He nodded, before turning to his computer once more.

"Your name?"
"Logan Rouge. It's my first year here." He gestured to see Logan's wrist, and upon seeing black band, nodded.

"Alright, Logan, who are you here to visit?" Logan glanced at the paper in his hand.
"A girl named Jasmine Reed? I think she was listed as Jaz in the roll-- she's in the same year as me, but I'm not sure what colour she is."