Chapter 47

Hello, fellow fanders!

The past week has been so freaking stressful, and there are more things going on now, but I'm gonna take care of myself again! Drinking water and doing activities and all that. I'm hoping it'll help with stress, but we'll see!

Me? Projecting onto Logan? Never.

WARNINGS: Mentions of food, bad mental states, I think that's it?

........................

Virgil swore the characters were dancing on the page.

He didn't know whether to be grateful or not for the english romaji that was printed above the hiragana, his eyes naturally flicked to them, making it hard to read the characters themselves, but they did give him an easy way out.

He glanced over at Logan, who was staring at his phone with his headphones connected. He leaned back in his chair slightly to get a look at the screen, and saw Duolingo staring back at him. He sighed.

Virgil didn't trust the bird - especially after seeing all of the deadly Duolingo memes - but the app had taught Logan basic sentence structure and helped him memorise characters, regardless of their teacher's hatred for it. Half of him wanted to download it himself, but he didn't think his ego could take that blow. Logan would probably think he was stealing his technique anyway. He stared back at his workbook, the writing paper staring back at him mockingly. He picked up his pen and prepared to write what would no doubt be another line of botched characters.

He saw Logan watching him in the corner of his eyes, and turned around to glare at him.

"What?"

Logan's nose wrinkled, and he propped himself up against the headboard.

"That isn't the right stroke order."

Virgil groaned and let his head hit the table.

"Of course if fucking isn't."

"I could help you if you want?" he snorted.
"As if it would make a difference. I only took this subject for the anime anyway."

Logan let out a disapproving hum, and came to stand behind him. While the action may have made Virgil flustered before, now it did nothing but cause happy tingles across his skin. Logan picked up a discarded pen and wrote the character slower onto the corner of Virgil's sheet.

"It goes like this." The character wasn't perfect, but it was certainly better than Virgil's.
"You're annoying, you know that?" Logan simply smiled, and made his way back to his duolingo.
"Happy to help, Virgil."

A buzzing sound came from the table, where Logan's phone was vibrating. Patton's profile picture --- a fluffy duckling --- was displayed. Logan frowned.

"We literally live next to each other..." He picked up the phone. "Hello?"

He jerked violently, and held the phone away from his ear. Even though it wasn't on speaker, Virgil could make out Roman's dramatic screeching.

"Pleeease, Nerd! We're literally going to fail this otherwise! I swear on Mother Gothel's gaslighting Pat will bake you coo-"

"Roman if you don't shut up I'm going to kill you." Logan sighed, pinching his nose bridge. The phone went silent, and Logan continued with the phone now on speaker. "So you want to have a study session?"
"That would be nice." Came a fuzzy voice which Virgil recognised as Patton's. "I don't really understand quadratics yet." Virgil noted that his voice was a little wobbly, and shot Logan a look. The other boy looked back with the beginnings of a sneer, before clicking his tongue and sighing.