Chapter 41

Hello, fellow Fanders!

I'm supposed to be cutting veggies for mum but I'm here to stall that instead! Enjoy the chapter!

WARNINGS : Self blame, mention of panic attacks, mention of food/eating, absent family member, seperation from family member, mention of panic attacks, feelings of stress/anxiety, I think that's it?

....................

Roman couldn't help but shoot little glances toward the nerd as they walked away from his dorm. He'd looked absolutely terrified; which was strange for Logan. Not to mention that he'd seen panic attacks before; heck, he'd even helped Virgil through one before! So why wasn't he able to do it now?

He shook himself out of his thoughts as they approached the elevator. Logan pressed the button with a slightly unsteady hand at a soft ding sounded, announcing the arrival of the contraption. The two of them walked in without conversation, and Roman pressed the button for the roof. Logan shot him a confused look.

"I thought we were heading to your dorm?" he questioned quietly.
"Yeah, but I feel like you need some fresh air, buddy."
"What about Patton's things?"
"We can get them later." he hummed.

Growing up with his brother meant that Roman had witnessed plenty of different kinds of episodes, including anxiety attacks. He knew the duration varied, but judging by how bad Virgil had looked when they arrived it was safe to assume that it would take a while for Patton to calm him.

The elevator doors slid open silently and a burst of cold air hit them.

Hm... Perhaps getting jackets or something would have been a better idea. He was already wearing one seeing as they'd had to come from a building over and it was cold, but Logan didn't have one on.

Logan shivered.

Yup. Definitely should've got him a jacket.

Logan stepped straight out into the cold despite Roman's concerns, his body twitching before getting used to the temperature. He exhaled deeply, his breath misting in front of him.

"Oh, I love dragon's breath!" Roman said excitedly, stepping out trying to force all the air out of his lungs just to see it mist in the air. Logan looked at him amused.

"Dragon's breath?"

"My brother and I used to call it that all the time," he replied eagerly. "He used to exhale onto me like he was a dragon, and I always had to pretend I was dying."

"You have a brother?" Roman's stomach lurched.
"I guess, I don't see him much." Logan's eyes widened, and sensing Roman's discomfort he said-
"I'm sorry."
"Don't sweat it." he said, smiling. "I see him sometimes, and honestly that's enough."

It was a lie, but Logan didn't need to know that.

"Sit down with me." he said instead, gesturing to the frost covered benches that were set near the railing.

Like all the roofs in the school, there was a see-through barrier taller than the two of them set on the edge of the roof. If you looked close enough you could see small pieces of metal embedded into the glass, most probably to prevent students from breaking it. The bench was located five or so feet away from the barrier, allowing students to gaze at the view.

He led the way, tugging Logan by the arm. He pulled his sleeve over his hand and dusted the beginnings of snow from the bench before taking his jacket off and handing it to Logan.

"Oh, don't worry about-"
"Logan, I'm wearing a sweater." The boy's eyes flitted to Roman's chest to confirm that he was indeed wearing a sweater. It was definitely colder without his puffy jacket, but he had a long sleeved thermal under sweater as well, so it wasn't that much of a problem. He couldn't imagine how cold Logan was, in just a long-sleeved T-shirt.