Chapter 17

Hello, fellow Fanders!

So I dunno whether this chapter will be out on time (if yes, yay me!), cause I just restarted school and BOY has it been hectic. for anyone who's still in quarantine, lucky, and be prepared. Waking up at six has never been so hard.

Anyway, make sure you check over the warnings, wouldn't want anyone getting hurt! AND WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!

WARNINGS : A nightmare, panic attack, cuddling in bed, child abuse, a toxic parent (mother), swearing, physical abuse, yelling, manipulative parent, I think that's it?

I swear it ends in fluff, but don't read the triggering part if you can't. For anyone who wants to read the comfort bit of the chapter, the angst starts immediately but ends at this sign. ++++

Oh, and Logan angst anyone?

.......................

Tears streamed down the purple boy's cheeks as he forced a tiny palm on top of his mouth. He gasped for air behind it, the appendage making the task all the more difficult. Footsteps echoed down the hall.

One.

Two.

Virgil let out a whimper, flinching from the sounds alone. The musty air of the cupboard scraped at his eyes, but that was the least of his worries. Broken brown eyes scanned the space for something, anything that could stop her from getting in. His best bet was the frankly huge vacuum cleaner, but he wouldn't be nearly strong enough to move that.

"Oh Virgil~"

The young boy sobbed at the sickeningly sweet voice. He had done something wrong, why did he always do something wrong?! She only used that voice when he did something wrong-

The door slammed open, the sheer force causing the thin walls to quake. They shook alongside the frail figure encased within them as his mother grabbed the back of his shirt and threw him out of his hiding place.

Virgil felt the air being knocked out of his lungs as he choked around his own spit. His mother turned on him with glinting eyes, her teeth bared. She cocked her head as she stared at the boy on the floor, before leaning down to trail a finger over his jaw.

Virgil recoiled from the touch, his throat burning in an effort not to show weakness. His mother's breath fanned over his pale face, reeking of alcohol. She never got like this when Pops was around... why couldn't Pops stay around?

"Oh, baby... Why are you so scared?" clouded eyes watched him flinch, turning hard. The movements of her hand ceased. Virgil's lungs screamed for air, but he couldn't breath. He couldn't breath- Why couldn't he breathe?!

"Virgil." The woman drew back with an expression of distaste. "What are you scared of?" Virgil's jaw trembled with the effort of keeping it shut, the hinges starting to ache. I need to breathe, I need to breathe, I need to breathe-I NEED TO BREATHE-

A crack echoed through the house and Virgil's cheek stung. The woman glared at him with acid eyes, staring at the trembling boy.

"Why are you scared?!" She dove forward, fisting her hand in his shirt. Virgil's jaw fell open with a terrified sob, and once he started he couldn't stop. "Why are you scared?! I am your mother!"

Virgil continued to sob, trying not to look at the woman's face.

"WHY ARE YOU SCARED?! I TAKE CARE OF YOU! YOU OWE EVERYTHING TO ME! YOU'RE GODFORSAKEN FATHER CAN'T DO ANYTHING, WHY DID I EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOU?!"