Chapter 28

...By this point I should just stop trying to make promises in regards to updating. Also I love dear evan hansen.

.............

"C'mon, guys! It's Sunday! Surely you can stay just a teensy bit longer?"

"Patton, we're going to town later anyway." said Logan as he tried to hoist the end of one of Virgil's many blankets off the floor.

"I know that, Lo, but it sucks that this simply spectacular super special slumber party has to end!" Patton pouted, hanging off the side of Roman's bed. "If it weren't for the fact that Virgil's socialising battery has run out, I wouldn't let you leave."

Virgil merely grunted at this statement as he collected one of Logan's many books from the recently collapsed tower Roman had made.

"Yes, Patton, but I'm sure you and Roman can manage until lunch," he sighed as he zipped up his backpack. "I honestly don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this." If it weren't for the Patton's smile tightened slightly, but otherwise there was no reaction to the statement.

"Aw, well, Lo, I just really enjoyed this, ya know?" Virgil's eyes widened at how normal his voice was - if he hadn't caught Patton's original faulter, he wouldn't have known anything was off.

"That's really sweet of you, Pat." said Roman softly, shooting Logan a glare from behind Patton's back. "Hey Pat, after these two have left, do you wanna maybe go and grab some breakfast?"

Patton turned around to glance at his boyfriend with a small smile.

"That'd be great, Ro."

.............

"I don't understand, though. Did I say something wrong?"

Virgil sighed, letting his bag drop from his fingers before he collapsed onto the bed. He inhaled deeply, relishing in the calming slightly-musty smell that always accompanied his possessions. Maybe he should start using lavender detergent, it was supposed to help calm you down, wasn't it? Or maybe he could just keep cuddling with Logan. Yeah. He liked the second option better.

"I wasn't wrong, was I? He was being unnecessarily clingy, wasn't he?" Logan turned to look at Virgil, who was watching him with his face smudged into the mattress. His expression faltered when he looked at Virgil's face. "...Wasn't he?"

Virgil sighed, rolling over to face the ceiling. "Well, he was being clingy, but that doesn't mean that you were right,"
"But one cancels out the other."
"That's a logical fallacy."
"Well look who was listening to Ms Ven." Logan sighed, before mimicking Virgil's pose on his own bed.

"I don't get it."
"Well it's not easy to understand." sighed Virgil. "I don't know what's going on with him either."

"He's seemed to be doing so much better." muttered Logan. He sat up and started picking at his sheets. The movement stilled, capturing Virgil's attention. "...You don't think I ruined that, did I?" Virgil turned his head to watch Logan better.

"Look, I know that I'm not one to talk about overthinking things, but it's not like you can read his mind." VIrgil sat up slowly, and started fiddling with the cuff of his sleeve. "Pat was feeling down, and took a comment of yours to heart. Just... Be gentle with him. 'Kay?"

Logan hummed, before looking at Virgil.

"Again, I'm not sure how to ask this, but can we cuddle?" Virgil's heart rate spread up slightly. It was stupid, his heart rate was being stupid, because he'd already cuddled with Logan, but this time it was because Logan was upset, not him. Part of him was happy Logan trusted him enough, and the other half was freaking out over the fact he was nearly guaranteed to mess this up. Despite his concerns his voice came out steady enough.