Chapter 21

Hello, fellow Fanders!

OH MY GOODNESS I'M SORRY I THOUGHT I PUBLISHED THIS LAST WEEK BUT I FORGOT TO PRESS THE GOSH DARN BUTTON OKAY YOU GET BACK TO BACK CHAPTERS THIS WEEK I'M SORRY.

Also,

I'm sorry about the last chapter, I know that gay pining was a stupid thing to write before someone attends a wake, and I apollogise. The thing is that I've never attended a wake before, and so I had no idea how to write one. I know it's not an excuse and it was really insensitive to anyone who've had anyone near them pass away recently. I'M SORRY!

Moving on, my computer got fixed, so I can upload images again! Ouran High School Host Club, anyone? I've already watched it once, but I got bored, so now I'm rewatching it, and damn the comedy never gets old. Please remember to check over the warnings!

WARNINGS : Talk of death, talk of suicide, implied suicidal tendencies, the whole pineapple on pizza debackle, swearing, I think that's it?

.............

"So, Virgil, how have you been holding up?"

Virgil watched his fingers as they rubbed up and down his palms. It was a nervous tick of his. He should probably try to stop it, otherwise Logan might notice. Silence filled the room as the therapist watched him patiently, waiting till the boy felt ready to speak.

It took about 45 seconds.

Virgil let out a small puff of air before speaking.

"I dunno. I mean, the wake was sad, but everything's just gone on like normal after that. It doesn't seem right." his voice trailed off to a mumble by the end of it. Picani gave a hum of interest before shifting slightly in his seat.

"That's understandable. Death is so quick that sometimes people forget it has lasting effects. Do you have any idea why it doesn't feel right to you?" He asked kindly. Virgil opened his mouth before closing it again, trying to translate his feelings to speech.

"I mean, he's dead, you know. I-I get the fact that dwelling on it isn't going to change anything, but it seems wrong that he's just... forgotten. If it weren't for the LGBT club closing for a bit, I wouldn't have even noticed that he died."

Despite the fact that Thomas had played such a key part in the first years schooling so far, there seemed to be no ripple effect caused by his existence. He was gone, and that was it. In less than 24 hours, there was no visible evidence that he had even been there at all, apart from fading memories and small tributes put up around the school.

Virgil couldn't help but wonder how it happened. A knife? A bottle of pills? One of the many ropes Virgil had seen in the janitor's closet? What material had contributed to his erasure? Why was it that despite the fact a living, breathing, perspective of the world had left them for good, no one had shown it?

Picani surveyed the troubled boy, taking in his body language. He was watching his hands again, and though it wasn't obvious, Picani could tell that his teeth were biting down on his lip slightly on the inside of his mouth. His inner eyebrows were tilted upward, a telltale sign of melancholy. He was clearly upset about the whole thing.

"Well, Virgil, I personally wouldn't think of his as forgotten. You're thinking about him right now, aren't you? And so are all of the other people in that club full of rainbows." Virgil looked up at him.

"The death of a classmate hits hard, believe me I know. But people deal with it in different ways. Some people may take grieving as a waste of time, and prefer to remember them in a happier light. Some believe in rebirth, or maybe it would hit much deeper, as it has with you. People not reacting the same way that you do doesn't exactly insinuate that they aren't thinking about the death as a whole." Virgil grimaced slightly.