Chapter 13

Hello, fellow fanders! 

Please don't hate me!!!! And make sure to double-check the warnings!!!

Enjoy!!!

WARNINGS : Talk of suicide, uncertainty, seperational anxiety, I think that's it. 

...................

"Are you sure you're alright, Ro?" Patton looked at the aformentioned boy concerned. Roman gave him a limp smile, twisting his fingers into the fuzzy carpet. 

"Yeah, I'm good, Padre. I didn't know him that well or anything... It's just a bit of a shock."
"It is for all of us." said Logan, setting his book down and joining their conversation. "We all met him in one way or another, after all." 

Virgil glanced back down at the cream-colored carpet, playing around with the threads. 

The four of them were sat in the corner of one of the institutes many youth rooms. If Virgil was being completely honest, he didn't want to be here. He just wanted MCR and a weighted blanket, was that too much to ask? But Logan thought that being in a dark room probably wouldn't help, and so here they were. 

Roman was looking particularly downcast, and he had a reason. Thomas was the head of the drama club, that had already met twice. Occording to Roman's description, he was a great guy. 

"What I don't understand is why, honestly." said Roman, his eyebrow furrowing. "It's like the staff said, he really did seem to be alright."

"It's remarkable in itself that someone with social anxiety is able to give speeches..." added Logan. "A recovery like that seems too good to be true." Virgil snorted. 
"Believe me, it is." he said moodily. "For me at least. It's different for different people, obviously."

"He was in for anxiety, wasn't he?" asked Patton. "Maybe his meds were a bit stronger than normal ones?"
"But he's been here for two years." rebutted Virgil. "If he had the same psychiatrist for the whole time, it seems unlikely."

"The entire thing is strange, no doubt, but he was an actor." Logan looked at them with a raised eyebrow. "It's safe to assume everyone here has succeeded in fooling others to their emotions."

The conversation trailed off, Logan's remark hanging heavy in the air between them. 

"Another matter is how the school's going to handle this." said Logan with a frown. 
"Good point." said Roman. "Thomas had some really close friends... This whole thing is pretty new to this school, isn't it."

"A kid in my old school committed suicide." said Patton conversationally. Virgil turned to him with wide eyes.

"They did?" Patton nodded. 
"Yeah. It was a shame... He was really sweet." Patton's face looked troubled. It was expected considering the topic, but it still struck a chord with Virgil. The blue boy looked up at the others. 

"You shouldn't worry too much about how they'll handle it, I'm sure it'll be just fine." said Patton with a small smile. 
"He's right." said Logan with a sigh. 
"I am?" 

It was barely whispered. So quiet that Virgil was pretty sure he was the only one who heard it. He glanced at Patton, a heavy feeling in his chest. He could just make out eye bags underneath Patton's glasses... Was he okay?

"-If anything we should be worrying about the students." Virgil's attention snapped back to Logan. Roman frowned. 
"What do you mean?"

"Think, Princey." Virgil leaned back against the wall with a thunk. "We're talking about a school full of kids with mental illnesses. Half of us would have thought about suicide at one point or another." Out of the corner of his eye Virgil saw Patton start to bite his lip. He felt his lips curve downward.