Chapter 2

HELLO FELLOW FANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm sorry but if you're an analogical shipper and haven't seen this gif- WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE???? And yes, for any of you clever cookies who made the connection, it is a scene from Ouran High School Host Club :)

Thanks again if you're reading this! I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS! I ONLY OWN THE PLOT AND SETTING AND OTHER STUFF THAT I MADE UP. 

TW: Implications of a abusive family, OCD, depression and anxiety disorders. 

.................

Virgil re-adjusted the backpack strap on his shoulder as he stared out the car window, biting his lip. 

He'd been to the school before, on the orientation and moving days. However, his roommate had not been present on moving day. When he asked the receptionist about this, she said he'd arranged to move a different day. Meaning, that out of almost everyone in the school, he was the only one who had not been acquainted with his roommate. 

"Are you alright, Virgil?" He nodded, turning to Mike, who was in the drivers seat. The car approached the campus, and Mike found a parking not too far from the dorms. Fidgeting, Virgil consulted the leaflet that he had clenched in his hand. A map of the institute. 

His anxiety had caused several scenarios to run through Virgil's head concerning this day and needless to say, hardly any comforted him. But as Janice had reminded him about ten times that morning, "If you want to leave, just give us a call." Virgil looked at the map. 

His dormitory, a building called Draconis, was a five minute walk from the parking lot. All of the dormitories were arranged in a pentagon, around a courtyard commons. 

Virgil stepped out of the car to feel a light breeze ruffle his hair. Despite himself, he smiled. He'd seen the campus before, and there was no denying that it was beautiful. 

Maple trees were planted around a the brick-lined sidewalk. A large reception blocked Virgil's view, but he could still see a slither of a large college-style campus, with small gardens and fountains. A few other students were getting out of cars, and like Virgil, all of them held a small suitcase or duffel bag. 

"Goodbye, Virgil." said Mike, stepping out of the car himself to Virgil a hug. Virgil hugged back, ignoring the voice in his head that said the other students would judge him because of it. Mike stepped back into the car, and a stab of worry hit Virgil. What if he was an outcast here, too? 

Just to give himself something to do, Virgil glanced at the map in his hand once more. He knew what he had to do, go to the reception and get a key, and then go to his dorm. Simple. But there were people in the reception. Chances are it was full of people waiting to get their dorm keys. Still, to prevent himself from looking like an idiot, Virgil willed his feet into motion. He was tempted to put on his headphones, but he didn't want to risk bumping into anyone. 

He walked to the reception, and joined the line of about nine students, all queuing up to receive their room key. Most were accompanied by their roommates, chatting uncomfortably. Virgil fiddled with the strings of his hoodie and kept his gaze fixed on his feet to avoid the non-existent gazes he was sure were plaguing him. 

He shuffled up to the desk, mumbled out his name and room number, and received a small silver key in return. He shuffled out the back door, grateful for the cool air that grazed his skin. shoving his hands into his pockets, he strode down the stone pathways that lined the school following signs for the dorms. 

Six minutes later he was standing in a carpeted hallway in front of a door numbered 145. Virgil glanced at his key before slotting it into the lock. A small clicked quelled the thoughts running through his brain, and he entered the apartment-like complex.