Chapter 48

Hello, fellow fanders!

I dropped an iron on my old device, and my parents were able to get me a new one so that my life isn't too affected and I'm really grateful for that, but the other one was my first personal device and I've had it for like four years now, and so I'm really sad. I know I should be grateful that my parents were able to get me a new one so quickly, especially seeing as it's not possible for a lot of people, but I was emotionally attached to the other one, and I'm kinda-sorta half-grieving for it.

So anyway this is written on my new one. Yay. :/

WARNINGS: Mentions of being in the system/ issues and impacts it can have on someone, needing to take breaks from people, insecurity, mentions of obsessive behaviors, how relationships change over time, etc. Drinking (not alcohol just like hot chocolate). If I've missed any please comment.

..........

"Alright, how have you been doing the past couple of days, Virgil?" Virgil blowed the foam of his hot chocolate to one side before answering.

"Pretty good. Things have been kinda weird."

"Weird?"

"Yeah. The psych evals were pushed back a little, and they didn't give us a reason. It was probably nothing but I kept thinking about it."

Picani hummed, and stirred his coffee. Virgil eyed the dark liquid with distaste.

"How do you drink that? It's literally just dirty water."
"And your hot chocolate is just dirty milk." said Picani smiling as he took a sip of the hell liquid. VIrgil scrunched his nose.

"Yeah well mine has sugar in it at least."
"That just means you'll die faster."

Virgil deadpanned.

Sluuuuuuurp.

Picani's face fell slightly.

"Virgil... No."
"Virgil yes."
"Virgil I appreciate your coping mechanisms, but just don't normalise it."
"It's literally a joke, Picani."

The therapist wrinkled his nose a little bit, and as much as Virgil loved him, he couldn't help but feel a bit annoyed.

"Anyway, how come you were bugged by the date of the psych evals?" he placed his coffee down and picked up his notepad. Virgil thought for a little bit before answering.

"I think it was Logan, actually."
"Logan?"
"Yeah." he took another sip of his chocolate. "He gets really stressed about scheduling stuff right? So he was thrown off by it. It made him a little snappish."

Picani frowned.

"Is he doing alright?"
"I mean, I think so? Nothing much has changed, really."

Liar.

Picani's eyebrow raised.

"Is that a blush, Virgil?"

Virgil glared at his hot chocolate.

"Woah, Virgil, what did that cocoa do to you?" Virgil re-directed his glare toward the therapist, who merely smirked.

"Did something happen?"
"None of your business."
"Ah, young love."
"You're an asshole."

Emile chuckled, before re-adjusting his position.

"Okay but seriously, are you doing alright?"
"I mean, yeah?"
"That isn't very reassuring."

Virgil had to agree with him, it wasn't. "I mean, I guess something changed, but it's nothing that you would talk about in therapy."

Picani laughed, and wiped away an imaginary tear. "Virgil, the purpose of therapy is to talk about literally anything that's bothering you. I doubt anything is 'not something you'd talk about in therapy.'"