Chapter 24

Hello, fellow fanders!

...I'm sorry I didn't update.

WARNINGS : Swearing, having your crush kind of exposed, I think that's it.

............

"C'mon, Emo, it's halloween! Dark, gloomy... shouldn't you love it the most?" Virgil rolled his eyes at the comment, moving his queen three spaces to the right.
"I love halloween, but I do not like parties, Princey." He sighed. Roman hummed and placed a chip in his mouth before moving his pawn forward two spaces.

"Are you sure you don't want to go, Virge? I mean, I'm not particular either, but at least there'll be candy." Patton pointed out.

Virgil sighed.

"I'm not going. I'm not gonna stop you guys, but I'd rather just stay in." he captured Roman's bishop.
"Charles!" he cried.
"You named your piece?"
"Uh, yeah?"

"Hey, Virge, when's Logan coming back?"
"I dunno. He left in the middle of calc."

"Why do you take that class anyway?" Roman knocked one of Virgil's pawns over. "I thought you hated math."
"No way I hate math. At least everything makes sense there." said Virgil with a glum expression. "But it is harder than I gave it credit for."

"But then he's been gone for ages!" whined Patton. "What is he doing in there?"
"Do any of you actually know where the office is?" Patton frowned.
"No, actually. We weren't showed it at orientation, were we?" Virgil shrugged.
"He should be back soon anyway." said Virgil, taking another one of Roman's pawns.

"Stop that!"
"Not my fault you suck."
"Before you berate Roman's skills, you may want to notice that he's a move away from taking your queen, Virgil."

Virgil glanced at the board and his eyes widened. Roman swore as Virgil moved his queen away, before turning to glare at Logan.

"C'mon, Specs!"
"As Virgil said, it's not our fault that you 'suck'."
"You didn't have to help him though!"
"Thanks, Lo." sighed Virgil. "How the hell did I miss that?" He muttered.
"Logan! You're back! And no swearing, Roman."
"Yeah yeah."

"How was it? What'd they want?" asked Virgil turning away from their game.
"It was about the medicine thing." sighed Logan, dumping his bag the floor before collapsing next to Patton.
"I should have guessed that." replied Virgil moodily as Roman took another one of his pawns. Logan squinted at the chessboard.

"Both of you really are terrible at this, aren't you."
"C'mon, Lo! Be encouraging!"
"Patton three out of the last four moves have resulted in captures. Surely that says something."
"...Isn't capturing the whole point?" Logan exhaled in disbelief, rubbing his temples.
"Forget I said anything."

"Anyway, what'd they ask?"
"Just the basic stuff. Did I know what the pills looked like, did I know if anyone had done this before, that sort of stuff. They might call you in as well, Virgil. I mentioned that you were the one who noticed the switch." Virgils' eyes widened, and he curled in on himself.

"Why the hell would you do that?!"
"...Because you were the one who noticed the switch?" Virgil groaned, shoving his hands into his pockets. Now I'm going to be questioned. Great.

With his luck it was plausible that they'd find some way to make it seem like he was guilty. He could hardly speak to his art teacher - the one he liked the most - how on earth was he going to speak to the vice principal? He was diagnosed with anxiety for a reason goddamn it!

"How is the vice, by the way? We saw one of them at that assembly... Was it her?"
Logan shook his head, watching Patton as he slipped his needle through the fabric once more.
"No. She had different hair. If I'm being honest, I don't like her at all." Patton frowned.
"C'mon, Lo. It was just the first meeting! All the teachers here have been great so far, how could she be the vice if she wasn't?"