Chapter 2

School was the worst thing ever invented. I was late for my first class because no one bothered to show me where anything was. When I finally arrived at my class, I was introduced. I noticed a few boys staring at me while I sat down. While it was true that I was beautiful, I did not sit around vainly and flaunt my beauty. Instead, I used it to my advantage. Whether to gain information or something else, being beautiful did come in handy.

When I entered my second period class, my eyes scanned the students and I saw Peter Parker in the last row. He glanced at me when I entered, and I looked away.

"Everyone, settle down," the teacher said. "This is y/n l/n."

I regarded the class coolly.

"Y/n, can you tell us about yourself?" the teacher asked.

"Um, I'm sixteen, I like science and I'm a massive Star Wars fan," I said.

Technically all of that was true. As I spoke, I watched Peter for his reaction. His eyes lit up when I spoke about Star Wars.

"Thank you, y/n," the teacher said. "Now, you can either sit next to Flash or Peter."

The teacher pointed to two seats in the room. One was next to a boy with dark hair who looked like a douche. The other was next to Peter Parker. I thanked the teacher and walked over to the seat next to Peter's.

"You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" I asked.

Peter looked up at me and shook his head.

"You can sit there," he said.

His voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

"I'm y/n," I said, holding out a hand.

"I know," he said. "I'm Peter."

I smiled at him.

"So, you like Star Wars?" he asked.

"Yeah. I only recently got into it, but I think it's really cool," I said.

"I like Star Wars too," Peter said excitedly.

We began talking about Star Wars until the teacher told us to be quiet. It was strange, to pretend that I knew nothing about this boy, when, in reality, I knew pretty much everything about him.

The bell rang to signal the end of the period.

"Hey, y/n, do you – do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch?" Peter asked nervously.

"I'd love to," I said, smiling at Peter.

This was just too easy. I barely had to do anything to get him to invite me into his life.

Lunch time came. I looked around the cafeteria and found Peter easily. He sat with a boy with dark hair and a girl with curly black hair. I recognised them from the mission files. Ned Leeds and Michelle Jones. Ned Leeds had been friends with Peter for a long time, while Michelle Jones had only become their friend about a year ago.

I walked to the table and Peter looked up at me. When he saw me, he blushed a bit and waved at me. I waved back and finally reached the table.

"Hey," I said, sitting down next to Peter and across from Michelle.

"Hey guys, this is y/n," Peter said, introducing me to the group. "She's new."

"Hi, I'm Ned," Ned said excitedly.

Michelle just looked at me for a moment.

"What's your favourite colour?" she asked me.

"Black," I replied.

Black was a good colour. It kept you concealed at night and it went with everything. It was the colour I was around the most. Besides, I had never really had a need to have a favourite colour.

Michelle smiled at my answer.

"I'm Michelle, but my friends call me MJ," she said. "You can call me MJ."

I smiled at her.

"You became friends with us after months, and you become friends with y/n after a couple of minutes?" Ned asked, astounded.

MJ just shrugged and continued reading her book. I looked at Ned, taking in the details. Knowing Peter's friends would help me on my mission. I noticed that Ned was wearing a Star Wars shirt.

"You like Star Wars too?" I asked.

Ned nodded his head excitedly. We began talking about Star Wars, with Peter joining in.

"You guys are such nerds," MJ said.

Ned and Peter just shrugged her off and continued talking about Star Wars.

"Ned and I are having a Star Wars marathon on Friday," Peter said nervously. "Would you like to come?"

I smiled brightly.

"I'd love to," I replied.

After a few more long hours, school was finally over. I trudged towards the subway station.

"Y/n!"

I turned around to see Peter calling after me. I waved at him and waited for him to catch up.

"Hey," I said.

"H-hey," Peter replied.

"Are you catching the subway?" I asked.

Peter nodded. I smiled.

"So am I. What stop are you getting off at?" I asked.

Peter named the stop that I was getting off at.

"No way, me too!" I exclaimed.

Peter smiled at me. We began talking again. This boy was so easy to fool and manipulate. He didn't even suspect a thing. My acting skills were shining through. We eventually got to our stop. This was where we parted. He went left and I went right. I walked a few blocks away to my new apartment.

When I opened the door, Cassandra was sat at the table with a cup of tea and a gun magazine.

"I met Peter."