Chapter 21

I sat on the couch nervously. It had been three days since I began living with the Avengers. They were all nice to me and let me take the week off school. I was now officially enrolled at Midtown Tech, but I was too scared to go. I was too scared that I would see Peter.

It didn't matter now, though, because he was coming to me.

My leg was bouncing uncontrollably. I didn't know what I could even say to him. Hi, I'm sorry that I lied to you and almost got you killed, didn't really work all that well.

I didn't get anymore time to come up with something to say when the elevator doors opened, and Peter stepped out. I immediately stood up and began twisting my fingers. Peter stood at the elevator for a moment before walking towards me. He walked around the couch and stopped when he was about two feet away from me.

"Hi," he said quietly.

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Hi," I breathed.

We stood there for a moment, taking each other in. Peter had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was messy. I'm sure I didn't look much better.

Neither of us spoke, so I decided to make the first move.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I'm sorry that I lied."

Peter's face crumpled. He took the last few steps towards me and wrapped me in his arms. I began crying softly.

"Don't cry," Peter murmured.

I sniffled and calmed down.

"So, you know everything now, huh?" I asked.

My case had been broadcasted all over the world. I was the young, teenage girl who stole Tony Stark's information, only to destroy it before helping get the hostages out, one of which was the one I loved. It was a whole star-crossed lovers type of thing.

Peter nodded and I pulled away from the hug.

"So, what now?" I asked.

Would we go back to being together? I was living with the Avengers now, so it was inevitable that we would see each other frequently.

"I... I'm not sure," Peter said. "I... I still love you. And if you wanted... we could be together again. We could fight crime together."

I smiled at the possibility.

"Why... why are you forgiving me so easily?" I asked.

Peter took a deep breath.

"Because... you saved me. Even though it meant death, or worse for you, you still saved me," he said.

My mouth tightened in an effort not to cry. I threw my arms around his neck and held him tightly. He held me just as tight and buried his face into the crook of my neck.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you, too," Peter murmured.

We stayed like that for a while, just holding each other in a peaceful silence. Until Clint ruined it. There was a clanking in the roof and we both looked up. Then the vent closest to us fell and Clint tumbled down with it.

"Sorry, sorry!" he yelled.

He ran to the elevator and pressed the button. We stood there watching him awkwardly as he looked around the room, looking at anything but us. When the elevator came, he quickly ran inside.

"Friday, just take me anywhere but here," he said.

The elevator doors closed and he was gone. I looked at Peter and we both began laughing uncontrollably.

"So, are we together again?" Peter asked.

"Yeah," I said softly. "Yeah, we are."

I had to go to school the next week. Happy drove me to school. When I exited the car, I found Peter. I ran to him and gave him a hug. I saw MJ and Ned walk up to us.

They knew everything. Peter had told them. The rest of the world didn't know my identity, but they sure as hell did.

And when MJ glared at me so fiercely it would have scared even Loki, the god of mischief and lies, I almost broke down.

"I guess I owe you two an apology as well," I said.

MJ just glared at me while Ned looked upset.

"I'm sorry I lied to you both," I said quietly. "At first, I was only your friends to get closer to Peter. But then we all started hanging out, and you guys became special to me. I've never really had friends before, but you two – and Peter – changed that. You guys... I don't have an excuse for what I did. I'm sorry."

I finished my speech by looking down, too ashamed to meet their eyes. I felt a pair of arms encircle me, and I looked up to see MJ.

"I forgive you," she said sincerely. "And this is the only hug you'll ever get from me."

I laughed at her comment, and Ned gave me a hug, too.

"So, you're actually Silver Current?" Ned asked excitedly.

I nodded and Ned began talking quickly and excitedly.

"I'm friends with two superheros!" he exclaimed. "And you can control electricity! That's so cool!"

I laughed at his enthusiasm.

"So are you going to patrol with Peter?" Ned asked.

I looked up at my boyfriend. He entwined his fingers with mine.

"Yeah, I guess so," I replied.