Chapter 12

"The movies?"

"No."

"A theme park?"

"No."

"A hike?"

"No! I'm not going to tell you!"

I huffed and slouched into the train seat. Peter had told me that he was taking me on a date, but he wouldn't tell me where.

Peter just chuckled at my reaction and grabbed my hand. I huffed again and leant my head on his shoulder.

I was really excited to go on this date. At home, everything was the mission. We were getting close to our objective, and Cassandra wanted me to train all day. Getting away from it all was nice but being with Peter was better.

We got of the train and walked a few blocks to...

"An ice rink?" I exclaimed happily.

Peter laughed and kissed my temple.

"I hope you don't fall over," I said, rushing in.

I had seen ice rinks in movies and tv shows. I had also ice skated with Wanda and Pietro when I was younger.

We paid for some skates and put them on. We got onto the rink and began to skate. There weren't very many people at the ice rink today.

I wobbled a bit when I first got on but quickly regained the ability to skate. I turned around to see Peter. Peter was doing pretty well for a beginner. I guess having super senses and quick reflexes helped you skate.

"You look like a natural," Peter said.

I realised that I had been skating backwards while watching him.

"In Russia, we skate all the time," I said.

"Can you do a twirl?" Peter asked, almost losing his balance.

I smiled and did as he asked. I then did a jump and spun around.

"Wow, you're really good!" Peter exclaimed.

I skated over to him and grabbed his hand. He was going pretty slow.

"C'mon," I said, tugging at his hand. "I won't let you fall. I promise."

Peter held onto my hand tightly and let me lead him around the rink. He wobbled a few times but never fell. We stayed at the rink for a few hours before we decided to get something to drink. We went to a cute coffee place called Vrai Amour. From my French lessons, I translated it to Real Love.

"You go grab us a table and I'll get the drinks," I said.

Peter agreed and got us a table near the window while I lined up.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" the guy at the counter said.

"Can I please get two hot chocolates?" I asked.

The person at the front wrote down my order and told me the wait would be about five minutes. I stood off to the side and scrolled through social media. I sneakily took a photo of Peter looking out the window, planning on posting it on Instagram with a series of other photos later.

I got our drinks and took them to the table. Peter tried to pay me for his, but I told him no, because he had paid for the ice rink. We drank our hot chocolate, talking about everything and anything. It was so easy to talk to Peter, which made him dangerous. What if I slipped up and told him something I shouldn't?

We decided to go back to my place after. I texted Cassandra, telling her that we were coming back. I knew that she'd put away the guns and plans before we got there. Peter and I walked hand in hand, joking every now and then. When we reached my apartment, I opened the door loudly, letting Cassandra know that we were home. She was sitting at the table with a cup of tea.

"Hey, y/n, is this Peter?" she asked.

She obviously already knew that it was him.

"Yeah. Cass, this is Peter. Peter, this is my sister Cassandra," I introduced.

"Hi, Peter. Y/n has told me so much about you," Cassandra said.

I blushed. This wasn't true, but it still made me embarrassed for some reason. After a small conversation, I pulled Peter into my room. It was average sized, with a double bed, a desk, and a wardrobe. There were Star Wars and (favourite/movie) posters on the walls and a big window to the left.

"Your room is nice," Peter said.

I jumped on the bed and patted the space next to me. Peter sat down next to me and I cuddled up to him. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head.

"You're so cuddly," I sighed.

Peter chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

I wished so hard that this was real. But it wasn't.