Chapter 18

Peter POV

I woke up to a pounding headache. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the infirmary. I'd only been here once, when a guy stabbed me after he made a really cool pun.

"Hey, kiddo, you're awake."

I turned to see Mr Stark sitting beside my bed.

"What – what happened?" I asked, sitting up.

"Bucky said that y/n helped you escape," Mr Stark said.

I sat up quickly.

"Y/n! We have to save her, Mr Stark!" I exclaimed.

Tony sighed.

"We're working on it," he said. "They moved base and took her."

My heart wrenched. I had hated y/n when I was first in the Hydra base. I hated her for lying to me. I hated her for making me believe her. I hated her because I still loved her. Now, I didn't know how to feel. She helped me escape and took the brunt of the attack. She could be dead, and it was all to save me.

"C'mon, kid. We're going to the conference room. We'll tell you everything we know then. But put some clothes on, first," Mr Stark added.

I looked down to see I was in the clothes I was kidnapped in. Mr Stark left the room to give me some privacy and I quickly changed. I opened the door and Mr Stark led me down the hall. We entered the conference room and I sat down in a swivel chair.

I resisted the urge to spin around until I felt sick.

All of the other Avengers were in the conference room. Usually, I would be nervous to be in the same room as them all, but right now I was focused on getting y/n back.

"So, here's the information," Mr Stark said, handing me a manilla folder.

I flicked through it and felt all eyes on me.

"Is her name really y/n l/n?" I asked.

"Yes," Wanda said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I knew her," Wanda said quietly. "My brother and I were her friends there. We trained together and... she was like a younger sister to us."

I nodded.

"She's not a part of Hydra anymore," Bucky said. "I recognised her. That's why she electrocuted me."

"Do you know where she is?" I asked.

Bucky's fist clenched on the table.

"They might be at the place where I was brainwashed," he said.

"Where's that?" I asked.

He named some address in Russia.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go," I said, rising from my chair.

"Kid, you can't just run in there!" Mr Stark exclaimed.

"Why not?" I asked angrily. "I love her, Mr Stark. I'm not going to sit around and let her get brainwashed!"

Tears filled in my eyes. I blinked them away. The rest of the Avengers looked at me surprised at my outburst.

"You – you love her?" Mr Stark asked.

"Yes. I do," I answered.

Wanda stood up from her chair.

"I told her once that I'd come back for her. Now is the time," she said determinedly.

"Let's get going, then," Bucky said, standing up.

Your POV