Chapter 19

I woke up in a cell. It was extremely similar to my one in Hydra. There was a bed, but two of the walls were glass. I was leaning against a wall. I tried to move my arms to help me get to my feet, when I realised that I was wearing a straitjacket. I began struggling against it, the claustrophobia taking over.

"Help me!" I called out.

"No one's going to help you."

I turned around to see Peter standing next to me.

"Peter? Please help me," I cried.

Peter squatted down to my level.

"I'm not going to help you. You know why? Because I hate you."

I opened my mouth in shock. What did he just say? Peter smirked at me. Then he just... disappeared. Faded away, as if he was never there.

Wanda visited me next. She appeared next to me, leaning against the wall, in a strait jacket, just like me.

"Help me, y/n," she whispered.

"I – I can't," I cried.

Her face held disappointment as she faded away.

"Wait! Come back!" I cried.

She didn't reappear.

"Wanda! Wanda!" I screamed.

"What's going on?"

"Hallucinations. The drugs we have her on are creating them."

I ignored the voices and continued screaming for Wanda.

The hallucinations came and went. Most of the time it was Peter. Sometimes, he would sit against the wall beside me. Sometimes, he would scream at me, telling me that I was a liar. Sometimes, he would just look at me.

Sometimes it was Wanda. She would sit beside me in a straitjacket and ask me to help her. Other times, she would tell me she would come back for me, and then disappear.

Sometimes it was Pietro. Sometimes, he would ask me why I didn't save him. Sometimes he would just look at me.

Sometimes, it was the other Avengers. They would tell me how bad of a person I was for tricking Peter.

Sometimes it was Cassandra. She was always the worst. Sometimes she screamed, sometimes she sneered, and sometimes she just stared at me with such hatred in her eyes.

They always disappeared whenever I told them they weren't real.

I was only let out of my cell once. I was still in my straitjacket and six soldiers led me down the halls. Two were in front of me, two were on either side, and two were behind me. The drugs made me see more people walking with me. Peter was closest to me, walking in front of me. No matter how loud I called his name, he didn't turn around.

I was led to a room, empty besides a table with three chairs. I was roughly shoved into a chair, with two facing me. Two men that I had never seen before sat in the chairs opposite me.

They asked me a lot of questions about Hydra. I answered them all truthfully. What was the point in lying? I no longer associated with them, and maybe if I played along, they'd let me go.

They didn't let me go.

I was taken back to my cell after they had run out of questions. Pietro and Wanda stood over me, looking on disappointedly. I told them to go away, and they did.

One day, Peter didn't though.

Peter POV