Chapter 35

After numerous paperwork and questions, I was finally let out. I didn't get arrested.

Stepping out of the police stations slide doors, I inhaled a deep breath and sighed with my eyes closed. 

The wind blew widely and my hair flew behind me as I exhaled. It felt amazing.

"Ms Strikings," the lawyer whom I hired said clearing his throat as I slowly opened my eyes.

The man was slighty taller then me and wore a navy coloured suit. He had short cropped hair and wore glasses that rested on the brim of his nose.

"Ah Mr Mert. You did an exceptional job," I praised and the middle aged man gave me a kind smile.

"Thank you. However even though I did try my best, it was one of the guilty who claimed you didn't harm Ms Catelyn," my lawyer slowly explained and I paused, staring at him.

I tilted my head and awkwardly glanced around.

"What? Who? So they think I didn't even touch Catelyn?" I asked dumbfounded and my lawyer nodded his head in confirmation.

"To be more exact it was a man by the name of Maxwell. He even mumbled something about Ms Catelyn and not wanting her to have the satisfaction of seeing you in prison with her," Mr Mert said and I quickly leaned in closer.

"No one else heard that right?" I whispered and Mr Mert chuckled quietly.

"Of course not Ms Strikings. Just me," he smiled and I leaned back with a sigh of relief.

It was good to know I wasn't going to get charged with anything. Plus orange was definitely not my colour.

"Well? Whats happening with Marcus and the other two?" I asked anxiously and my lawyer softly shrugged.

"Their going up for court tomorrow. I can't confirm anything. However, I can guarantee you they will be put into prison," he said and I remained quite, "-I mean, even the police witnessed attempt murder," he said explaining his point and I gave him a small smile.

"You're right," I agreed, "-thank you. A lot. You're services are great."

Taking this as a goodbye, my lawyer gave me one last smile and began walking down the steps. However I quickly stopped him.

"But," I said and Mr Mert turned his head to face me.

"I want details," I said firmly, "-I want to know everything. What their charges are. Call me tomorrow," I demanded.

With a nod, he continued his way down the stairs and I simply stood in my spot for a few seconds. My head felt like it was going to explode and my body begged for sleep.

However I still needed to visit one last stop.

The hospital.

Without wasting another second, I jogged down the stairs and went in search of a taxi.

*********************************************************************************************************

**************

"Here."

After handing the taxi driver a few notes, I immediately opened the cars door and jumped out.

In a fast walk, I rushed towards the doors. Pushing it open, I ran inside and immediately headed towards the pearly white desk that was located in the middle of the large area.