Chapter 36

It had been fourteen hours.

It was once again night time and both Alexander and I didn't dare leave the hospital.

I was a mess. I still had on my blood stained clothes and dry tears were evident on my cheeks.

My hair was a different story. It was beyond rescuing and I didn't have the strength to try and look presentable.

Hearing footsteps approaching towards my seat outside of Quinton's room, I glanced up to see Alexander holding out a plastic cup towards me with steam coming out from the small opening on the lid.

"Six sugars," he smiled and I couldn't help but grin.

I reached out and grabbed the plastic cup, resting my palms on each side. Bringing it towards my mouth, I took a small sip of the coffee and closed my eyes for a second as the heat of the liquid lightly stung my tongue.

"Samantha," Alexander softly said as he took a seat beside me. I didn't fail to notice how he now referred to me as Samantha rather Victoria.

"Yes?" I replied and glanced over at him through the strands of hair that covered the side of my face.

Alexander held his cup in his right hand, and used the other to lean forward and push my hair behind my ear.

His hand lingered on my cheek as he glanced down at my dirty top.

"You must be uncomfortable," he grimaced, "-go home. Get changed, have a shower," he softly said and I began to move away, ready to refuse but Alexander moved my head to stay focused on him.

I looked him over and considered what he said. Meanwhile my questioning and before I arrived to the hospital, Alexander had already had his trip home and gotten cleaned up.

"-most importantly," Alexander said firmly, "-get some sleep."

"What about you? Aren't you tired?" I tried to reason and Alexander grinned, holding up his coffee.

"I'm wide awake. Now go. If he wakes up I'll let you know immediately," he said and I sighed, standing up.

"Fine," I stated, "-but I'll be back."

"I know," Alexander smiled.

Taking a few steps forward, I paused. Glancing at Quinton's closed door, I let out another sigh and continued walking.

"Samantha," Alexander called out and I turned around, raising an eyebrow.

He pulled out something from his pocket and threw it in the air.

Catching it, I glanced down at Alexander's car keys. Giving him a smile, I continued walking.

I used the elevator to get back down to the first floor as I yawned numerous times. I was glad I didn't have to wait around for a taxi.

After wandering around outside, and finally spotting Alexanders car, I rushed in and began the short drive to my apartment.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I didn't take too long. It had simply been an hour or two, and I was out of the shower with damp hair and fresh clothes. I wore on a pair of leather jeans that was surprisingly comfortable, with a black tight skivvy, tucked into it.

Putting on my long grey coat, I ran a hand through my damp hair and grabbed my bag.

Sleep could wait.

Right now I had to be at the hospital.

Just as I was preparing to leave, my phone began ringing, making me pause and then hurriedly searching through my bag.