Chapter 4

I glanced at the men surrounding Marcus as I approached them. Putting on a flirty smile I flattened out my silky dress and gave them a small nod.

"Ah, this must be the lovely Victoria!" a man with light blonde hair, almost white, said as he grabbed my hand and placed a small kiss on my knuckles.

"We've heard generous things about you and my," another man bellowed as he instead of kissing my hand, leaned down to place a small flirty kiss onto my cheek, "-you really are breathtaking."

I didn't let my smile falter, all though, I was more than curious as to what Marcus had said about me. Judging from these comments it's exactly what I wanted.

Talk about a first impression.

"I see Marcus has been drowning me in comments," I retorted as I looked at Marcus from beneath my lashes sending him one of my megawatt smiles.

"I don't blame him," the man with the blonde, almost white hair inquired as he gave me a dazzling smile.

Ah. Such pretty faces but nauseating insides.

"Have you spoken around and found someone in need of your assistance?" Marcus asked with an eyebrow raised as he lightly sipped onto his champagne. He was referring to my lookout for a new company to reckon with.

"Not quite yet," I answered with a slight nod as I glanced down, "-although," I said with a pause pretending to remember something, "I spoke with a friend of yours. Maxwell I think it was."

Marcus tugged onto his tie as he nodded his head thoughtfully with a smile.

"Yes, Max is like a brother to me," Marcus claimed without adding anything else.

The man closest to Marcus cleared his throat and his eyes found mine with a strange glint to them.

"Ms Strikings. I've thought about it and I think your assistance for me would be delightful," it was the same man who had claimed I was breathtaking.

I gave him a smile but on the inside I was dreading it. I didn't put this plan into action so I could be eye candy for some desperate hunk who wanted to get laid.

Easy, Victoria.

"You know what Victoria," Marcus smirked as he shot the man a triumph look, "-you had come to me for help and I as the generous man I am; I'm sure I could find you a well fitted job in my business."

"That would be lovely!" I said with a wide smile adding an extra bat to my eyelashes.

"But I already said-" the other man begun only to have Marcus lift his hand to silence him.

"George I wish for no trouble," Marcus said with a smile but his eyes were cold and menacing.

The man quickly shut his mouth and gave us one last nod before leaving.

The blonde one let out a low whistle, "That was quite a show," he said with a chuckle as Marcus shot him an annoyed look.

"Quinton, do tell, where is your boss," Marcus smirked and it was more than obvious that the words had a double meaning.

The man whom I now knew as Quinton clenched his jaw. It felt like it was a scene in a movie as the violins picked up a quicker beat in the background as laughter around the place continued.

Suddenly the deadly look Quinton had vanished only to be replaced by a smug grin.

"Oh, you mean my friend? Alexander? The man who's even more wealthy than you?" Quinton said in amusement as Marcus' eyes darkened.