Chapter 38

"Action is the foundational key to all success." -Pablo Picasso.

-

-

-

"Mr Sanders is ready to see the two of you."

After dropping Quinton off at his apartment to rest, Alexander and I decided to see Mr Sanders right away, both of us beyond curious to hear what he had to say.

The blonde receptionist gave us a bright smile as she ushered us towards the office's door.

Alexander stood up first, and softly grabbed my hand to pull me up. Placing his hand on the small of my back, he directed me towards the now open door.

Walking in, I glanced around and eyed Mr Sanders office. I couldn't help but think how impressive and well organised it was.

Mr Sanders was facing away from us. He held a phone to his ear as he sighed.

"I'll call you back later," he said into the phone dismissively as he hung up and spun his chair around.

Seeing us, he gave us a wide smile and stood up.

Truth be told, it was probably the first time I saw him smile.

"I heard the great news!" He cheered as he tugged off his suits blazer.

The last time I saw Mr Sanders was during the meeting I hosted at Victoria. Since he was very generous towards me then, I gave him a smile.

I then glanced at Alexander who's eyes remained on Mr Sanders.

"Great news?" I repeated and Mr Sanders leaned on the edge of his glass desk.

"Why yes," he said, "-Mr Williams and his second and third inline are in prison. Meaning his company is now," Mr Sanders paused as he looked up to give us a grin.

"Well, mine."

I opened my mouth to speak but stopped. I looked at Mr Sanders in confusion as Alexander took a few steps forward, and helped himself to a seat.

"And how exactly is it yours?"Alexander asked.

"Well you see, Marcus signed a contract. In the terms and conditions, it clearly states that if the owner isn't in any position to run his company and the next two are also absent for the job, then the owner of their allied company, has the right to own the company," Mr Sanders explain thoroughly and I slowly walked forward.

"Let us say the company is now indeed yours, why does this require mine and Mr Celeste's acknowledgment?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

Mr Sanders smiled at my question. He stood up straight and made his way around his desk.

Pulling open the top draw, he began to search for something.

"I heard your tragic story Miss Peterson. And I also heard that the Williams industries was indeed made from your parents money," he said as he glanced to look up at me.

I clenched my jaw and softly shrugged my shoulders.

"You heard correctly," I confirmed and I looked over to see Alexander watching me.

Hearing shuffling of papers, I looked back at Mr Sanders to see several papers in his hands as he closed the draw.

Walking back around, he walked towards me and paused in front of me.

"I never liked that man," Mr Sanders said distastefully, "-I always knew there was something off about him."

Offering the papers towards me, I looked down at them and slowly grabbed them, rotating the sheets around.