Chapter 30

After a few more seconds, the video adjusted, and the screen was crystal clear.

"It's on," Catelyns voice said in the video.

My gaze immediately trailed to Catelyns, who stared at the screen with a fading smile. Marcus and Max whom were looking at her, noticed the sudden change in expression, and followed her line of vision.

"Catelyn," Max said in the video as Marcus repeated.

The crowd was confused. That much was obvious. Everyone glanced at each other in confusion, but watched nevertheless as the colour from Catelyns face drained.

"Catelyn, this is stupid. This better get deleted after."

Hearing his voice, Marcus narrowed his eyes as he eyed the screen. Thats when his mouth opened in shock. Realisation spread across his face and suddenly he didn't look so confident.

"There's been a mistake," Marcus chuckled loudly as he tried to grab the crowds attention with a nervous laugh, talking over the video.

"So what are we celebrating too?"

This time Max gave a reaction. He must've remembered where the conversation in the video was leading to as he grabbed Catelyns arm and whispered furiously in her ear.

Meanwhile, the crowd simply watched, curious. All still oblivious.

"We, are celebrating to the upcoming wealth and power, that we are going to gain from this point on."

"And how is that Max?"

"We actually murdered them!"

"Someone get this off the screen! Now!" Marcus barked in anger as he pushed people away trying to get to the stage.

"This is the best part," Alexander whispered into my ear and I grinned.

My heart was beating wildly as I watched in anticipation.

"Wait, won't someone know it was us who killed the Peterson's? That we robbed them?"

At this point the crowd gasped. Mouths fell open in shock and even a few of the paparazzi's dropped their cameras.

"I said get this off!" Marcus shouted furiously as he climbed onto the stage, searching for the power cord.

Max and Catelyn stood frozen as the two shrinked into the crowd. But all eyes were going back and fourth from them and the screen.

"We planned it and went through with it. The Jonson twins are the believed criminals. And it stays like that."

Soon as that was said, Marcus successfully bent over and pulled out a cord.

The screen went blank.

However the crowd and paparazzi had heard it all. They all broke out into whispers and stared at the man on stage in horror.

"You killed people?" A women in a fur coat called out, terrified, as she stumbled back.

"No!" Marcus shouted as he shook his head furiously and walked closer to the crowd, as they all shuffled back.

"I said no!" He growled in anger.

I watched as the crowds chatter grew louder. Then suddenly some began yelling. Cussing even.

I watched security standing on each sides of the stage, glance at each other. They uneasily watched Marcus, and noticed how he was stirring up the crowd.

Then without wasting another second, they sprung into action.

One ran up the stage and before Marcus could make a move, grabbed his arms and pulled them behind his back.