Chapter 17

I had just parked my car and was quickly making my way inside Williams industry. Today I wore a tight cream dress that had a low front, showing cleavage. I wore my classic black heels and my hair was tied up into a tight ponytail.

I walked into the pearly white place and as I walked past the receptionist, I sent her a smirk as she nastly glared at me.

"Morning," I grinned.

"Good morning," she dryly muttered back.

I caught the elevator and made my way up to Marcus' room. I leaned my head onto the elevators wall and closed my eyes for a few seconds with a sigh.

It had been a few days since the incident with Catelyn. It was something small but her deathly fear for spiders had made it interesting.

The doors to the elevator pinged and only a second later they slid open.

I gracefully stepped out and walked to Marcus' office as a few people in well tailored clothes walked past.

Knocking on the door, I twisted the knob and slowly stepped in.

What I didn't expect to see was Catelyn sitting in Marcus' chair with a pocket knife in her hand.

She did some trick with it, fliping it open and spining it in a fast motion before clasping it tight in her hands.

"Samantha," she said with a grin.

I glared at her instantly.

"You mean Victoria," I gritted and she gloated at my anger.

Ignoring my comment, Catelyn pushed the chair back and stood up. She slowly walked around the table and pressed the pointy part of the knife to her index finger, twirling it.

"I didn't like your little trick," Catelyn stated calmly.

"What trick?" I asked but smirked at her nethertheless.

She clenched her jaw slightly but then smiled.

"Always playing dumb," Catelyn sighed, shaking her head. She turned around and was silent for a few moments.

A second later, she spun around and flung the knife at me. It sped through the air, and automatically I swiftly moved my head to the side as it wooshed past my head and stuck onto the wall behind me.

My head snapped behind me and stared at the knife. I slowly looked back at her and suddenly she had on a huge glare.

"That little trick you played," Catelyn hissed, "-started a war."

Now I was furious. I angrily marched up to her and my face was up near hers.

"My little trick started a war?" I said in a low voice.

"News flash Catelyn. When you three killed my parents, thats when a war started," I gritted out and bit my teeth down together.

Catelyn squinted her eyes. I had to admit, she was brave.

"I don't care when this war started. But you better watch your back Samantha. Taking those pictures? Sending a box of spiders? Threatening me? " she exclaimed and took a step back.

"I don't want to have to be worried Max will find out. I might need you," she paused, " - gone."

You mean dead.

"Gone? Thats an interesting term. Let me rephrase that. You mean dead?" I said almost humorously.

Catelyn simply eyed me up with a glare.

"You're right. Dead. Watch your back Samantha."

I simply ignored her comment. I gave her one last sweet smile before walking out.

I had to clench my teeth as I put on a fake smile and walked to the finance room. I had to do some work.

I walked in and I spotted the chubby man.

"So. What do you have for me?" I asked with a bright smile.

The man didn't look as enthusiastic. He stood up and grabbed a laptop and a massive pile of papers.

"Here," he huffed, dropping the objects on the table. I cringed as the laptop made a loud bang.

Clearing my throat I smiled and nodded my head.

Doesn't this look fun.

**************************************

Shutting down the desktops, I locked up behind me and left. It had become nightfall and the place was successfully evacuated.

I had only made it down the hall when I spotted Max, walking down the dark hall with a phone to his ear.

I sped up and listened from around the corner.

"Yes!" he exclaimed into the phone, "-ofcourse! tomorrow evening? Sure!"

Max had a large smile on his face as he pulled the phone away from his ear and glanced at it most likely clicking the end button.

He put his hand and phone in his pocket, and with a gleeful whistle, began walking towards my end of the hall.

I straightened up and casually turned the corner.

"Oh, Maxwell! Hey!" I smiled a sweet smile and Max spotted me.

"Victoria, what a lovely surprise. What are you doing here this late?" He asked with a small smile.

"Work," I shrugged, " -how about you? Why are you still here?" I asked and Max's smile widened.

"I'm glad you asked. I just received a call from the Sanders and we have arranged for a meeting tomorrow evening," he grinned and I tilted my head.

"I guess thats a good thing?" I asked in fake question. Of course it was a good thing! The Sanders were a wealthy organisation. Not as wealthy as Marcus' or Alexanders bussiness, but wealthy nethertheless.

"Its more than good. With their money and clients, we can sell anything we want and make a fortune! Marcus is leaving it to me to leave a good impression tomorrow and get them to ally with us."

My eyebrow perked at this. So it was important for the Williams bussiness. Was it important to Max?

"That's great Maxwell! What part are you taking in all of this?" I asked trying to cover my over raging curiosity.

"Thats the best part. Head executive," he stated proudly and excitement shinned in his eyes.

"I hope it works out," Not "-but I have to get going. I'll see you tomorrow!" I smiled to him.

"Thanks. See you around Victoria," he waved and I begun making my way out of the building.

I couldn't help the massive smirk that spread across my lips as I made my way out of the building.

This was deadly important to Max. An opportunity of a lifetime.

And I was going to ruin it.

-

-

-

-

-

-

AUTHORS NOTE; short chap

I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER

i have been so busy and pre occupied its just...arghhh

This chapter isnt so great. And im feeling as if my writings getting worse!

Sorry for the wait and all.

Tell me what you think Victoria is planning?

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

-E