Chapter 3:

I awoke with dappled light streaming across my face and soon realised the curtains were slightly parted. I felt Mattheo's strong arm resting heavily on my waist, my back to his warm muscular chest. Feeling his soft breaths breathing in and out, I turned myself around so I was facing his sculpted face.

I lifted my hand and pushed a stray bit of his dark brown curls out the way of his lightly shut eyes, "staring at me are we y/ln" he said with his eyes still shut. A smirk spread across his perfect lips, "sorry" I said calmly as I watched his eyes opened.

Mattheo's POV

I opened my eyes to meet her beautiful green eyes sparkling up at mine, I couldn't let this continue, I could not allow myself to feel something for her, we barely even know each other and yet I feel as though I would do anything just to see a smile form on her lips. But I could not let my issues corrupt her beauty and angelic light.

"Y/n" I asked as I began getting out of bed, "what's wrong"she asked her eyes looking deep into mine trying to read my expression "I think it best you leave" I say calmly, her expression changed from confused to hurt as she froze at my words "you can give me back my shirt later, but I'd rather not be around you anymore" my tone gets harsher trying not to pay attention to how she was feeling.

"You're a fucking dick Riddle, thanks" she spat harshly "thanks?" i questioned wondering for what she was thanking me for "well someone finally knows my secret and what I have nightmares about so thanks for letting me think you care, and you're welcome for giving you information to bully my with" she continued as I watched her eyes gloss over, gosh this hurt.

Y/N's POV

Ouch, I actually thought someone might've cared about me, I couldn't cry in front of him so I walked over to his door and turned the knob realising there was still a spell on it, "open the bloody door Riddle" I spat harshly not giving him the satisfaction of a glance. I heard the door click and I turned the knob again, opening it and exiting as the tears I had held back streamed down my face.

I had barely known him for 2 days and yet I cried, I hate him, I hate him for making me weak, his touch calmed me and relaxed me, I wanted to feel his soft skin against mine again to calm me now although he was the one who made me.

I ran into my room slamming the door behind me and collapsing onto the floor, "y/n what happened" Cali asked clearly concerned "who the hell do I need to punch?" Jade asked hyped up, letting o it a slight laugh, wiping away the tears my friends always knew how to make me laugh and I was so great full to have friends such as these.

So I told them what happened with Mattheo, how he helped me after my nightmare then quicker me out of his dorm straight away in the morning. "I'm gonna decapitate that snake" Jade said harshly after I finished my story, "it's fine, I just won't let him get to me" I respond, they nod and we start getting ready to head for breakfast.

I wondered if I put on a revealing ish outfit if he would care or if it really was just a one of thing with him, so I borrowed one of Jade's skirts which she deliberately bought a size too small for days she felt like "strutting her stuff" as she put it, I then put on my white button up shirt but i un-did the first two buttons of my shirt so the outline of my breasts were showing but not too much, although I had to do up my tie.

The first day of classes is going to be hectic.

As Cali, Jade and I walk through the doors of the great hall Blaise and Draco run upon behind us a scare Jade and I, Cali saw them and was laughing the whole time.

We take are usually seats at the benches with Draco being Draco and scaring off some first years and is complaining at him, then Dumbledore came in and with a swift wave of his hand an abundance of food appeared upon all the tables.

"Went into Jades closet did we y/n" Blaise said snickering at his own joke "gave head to a smurf did we Blaise" I say mocking his tone. "Eat something would you y/n, Snape is a good looking snack but he won't fuel your hunger" Cali says pulling me out of my thoughts "I'm not hungry Cali, I'll eat later" I say exhausted.

Truth is I had gotten the best sleep that I can remember but what he said, how he said it, it hurt, I hadn't know him for 2 days and he made me cry, I'm closing myself off to him, he'll probably just try to lead me on, being the dark lords son and all.

The bell signalling us to head to our first class sounded and we all headed on our way, my first class was potions but none of my friends had their potions class at the same time as me so I guess I'm alone.
I walked into the classroom and noticed everyone was stood up against a wall, "ah Miss y/ln how kind of you to come to class" Snape said in his usual depressing monotone voice "sorry Professor" I simply responded whilst heading over to the other students, then I saw them Cedric and Mattheo.

____________________________________

A/N: in case there is any confusion Cedric is 17 and is two grades above y/n but he isn't very good at potions so he was kept in year 4 potions.

I also did this to add some ✨🌶spice🚶🏻‍♀️✨
____________________________________

Snape continued calling out groups of three and I was just hoping for "Mattheo, y/n and Cedric over there" anything but that I sighed as Snape pointed out group to where they need to go, fuck my life I think to myself making my way over to the table, I was trying to sit at the left side so that I could see what Snape was doing more but Cedric got there just before me and placed his bag down, then I felt two strong hands on my shoulders moving me tober yet anther seat, I was now on the far right with Riddle to my left and Cedric to his.

"Today we will be learning how to brew the Baruffio's Brain Elixir, now does anyone know what this potion does, anyone except Miss Granger" Snape asks continuing to look around the room, I put my hand up and all attention goes to me, why did I put my hand up "yes, Miss y/ln" Snape continues "the Baruffio's Brain Elixir is supposedly known for increasing ones brain power for around about 2 hours" i state hoping in correct "correct Miss y/ln, now will everyone please turn to page 76 in you potions textbooks" Snape asks sounding mentally sick of this class.

"I'll go get the ingredients then" I say dragging the textbook of the desk and walking over to the wall of bad smelling bottles, I pick up all the ingredients and head back to the desk, "ok here is the Leaping Toadstools, Frog Brains, Runespoor eggs and Powdered dragon claw" I say placing all the vials onto the benchtop, not that I wanted the Boyd to talk to me but no noise was unsettling so I looked over at the pair of them, both death staring each other "save those eyes for the bedroom boys" I say slightly giggling at my own joke "if I was in his bedroom, he would be dead" Mattheo says clearly quite angry about something "Mattheo calm down all I said was-" Cedric was cut off by Mattheo pulling out hi wand and holding it to Cedrics throat.

Honestly I was quite worried about what was going to happen next but I didn't want to give either of them the satisfaction at the thought that I cared.
Gasps and whispers kept sounding from around the echoing classroom and I was sick of them staring at each other like they were about to make out or about to rip each others heads off, "can you boys please" they both turn to face me as I continue "control your testosterone levels in sure this much toxic masculinity can't be good for the potion" I suddenly heard laugh explode from around the room as Mattheo lowered his wand and took a step closer too me, thankfully I'm pretty sure everyone had already gone back to work, so the only person watching Mattheo repulse me was Cedric who repulsed me more.

"What do you need help with Princess" Mattheo said smirking "1. Call me princess again and I'll shove a crown up your ass, 2. i would really appreciate it if you two would stop staring at each other like each others first grade crush and shut up so I can do the work" I exclaim, "nah kill do the work, don't worry I won't blow up the potion" Mattheo explained, I simply rolled my eyes and brought out a book to read.

Mattheo's POV

Every time I glanced over at her she was so entranced by her book which hopefully meant she didn't realise I was watching her most of the time.

The bell rang to show the end of class everyone began packing up their things "thanks for not blowing it up" y/n said she seemed sad but like she was trying to hide it, did my words really affect her so much, who cares anyway, she's just some random girl that I liked, that I liked to annoy "I said I wouldn't didn't I princess" I said a smirk crawling onto my lips I thought she was going to come up with another one of her witty comebacks but instead she slapped me, hard too and right across the face, then she simply picked up her bag and left.