Chapter 26:

Mattheo's POV

"Y/n, when he touched you did you feel cold" I asked her, putting together the pieces of what I knew "yes, it was like a cold, sharp spike coursing through my body, why?".

Then it clicked, her seeing the thestrals which could only be seen by people who have known death and the cold touch that made her fall unconscious.

"Where was Nate over the holidays?" I asked y/n with an enquiring look on my face "I think he went back to our parents house" she responded "did you go back there, at all" I questioned her "it's weird actually, I remember catching a bus with the intention of getting there but then I just ended up getting off that bus and getting on one to head back towards Draco's, it's like a piece of my memory is missing"

Then her eyes widened signalling she had just figured something out, "what is it" I asked "the nightmare maybe" she cut herself off, "what nightmare" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Y/n, what nightmare" this time I asked more sternly, her face filled with regret "what didn't you tell me" I asked her softening my voice, she began describing her nightmare she had to me and I was all to familiar of a situation to me.

"Oh princess, that's not Nate" I said to her with a sigh, "then who is it" she asked, her eyes looked at me trying to get an answer "Nate is dead princess, and by the looks of your memories he has been for a wee while" her eyes widened at me and glossed over, I pulled her right into my embrace as she let out a sigh.

"You didn't answer my question" she said and pulled away from me, wiping her eyes, "I don't know who he is, but you must be careful around him until I find out, promise me you will be careful princess" I said cupping her chin and lifting her head to face mine, her eyes softened as she looked at me "I promise" she said softly as she placed a kiss on my lips with a small smile.

We left the hospital and made our way to our classes, I gave her a right hug as we parted to go to separate classes.

Nate's POV
(During the holidays)

"Do whatever you want with me, but please let my sister go" my voice strained and dry from the screaming earlier, I watched as y/n slowly opened her eyes, panic filled her eyes as she looked at me, she watched as the guy in front of me pounded his fist into my stomach, blood spurted out of my mouth and landed on the floor.

"Well hello there y/n" the guy said to her and her eyes widened in fear, she tried to move but the chains pulled on her arms dragging her back "w-what do you want, who a-are you" she stuttered, "oh me, I'm your worst nightmare sweetie" he said to her "let her go you piece of shit" I blurted out "crucio" the man said as he pointed his wand towards me the pain struck my already weak body.

The man laughed as my sister screamed at the sight of me in pain, "avada kedavra" the man said and a green light shot towards my body, the cold engulfed me as the little light from the room left my eyes.

Y/N's POV
(Current time)

"You've never liked herbology y/n" jade whispered to me as professor sprout continued on with the lesson "it's not that I don't like it it's just that I have little care for the subject" I replied back as we continued working on the quiz sheet.

The bell rang and jade and I walked into the open grounds of the school "mmm fresh air" jade said with a smile, I giggled at her "oh hey Nate" she said waving in front of us, my heart jolted as I looked at him, act normal y/n I thought to myself as the so called Nate approached us.

Nate was about to say something when he was promptly interrupted by a high pitched voice "off to class students" professor Umbridge said to us, and jade and I walked out separate ways from Nate "detention Miss y/l/n" umbitch said to me "for what" I asked with a annoyed tone "for talking back to me" I rolled my eyes and followed umbitch to her office.

I looked around her office and same many plates on the wall with cats inside of them, it was hideous, not the cats just her whole taste in well, everything, I sat at the small desk and picked up the quill on the desk "I want you to write, I must not talk back" she said "how many times" I sighed "until the message sinks in" she said with a giggle.

I began to write as a burning sensation tingled on the back of my hand, I looked to my hand to see the words 'I must not talk back' imprinted onto my hand "you may leave now" umbridge said, I quickly picked up my stuff and walked out of the room, I checked the time and saw that I had missed my last class and went straight to the common room not feeling the need to eat.

Mattheo's going to kill her, I thought to myself.

Authors Note
Sorry I haven't been very active, school has had me stressed out recently and I haven't had the time to work on the book, I will aim to keep putting out chapters but sorry if there is long gaps between