Chapter 24:

A/N:
Welcome back bitches

From now on I'm not going to give specific descriptions on what y/n looks like so you can imagine her for yourself

Y/N POV:

Spending the holidays with Draco was quite boring but better than being at home especially now Nate moved in there, I couldn't wait to see Mattheo, I had only seen him four times since the end of last year, school was the easiest place for me to see him, I'm such a clingy bitch.

Narcissa apparated Draco and i along with our belongings to the train station, she left us at the entrance and went home, Draco and I grabbed a luggage trolley and loaded our things onto it , we walked hastily to the platform and through the barrier, we handed out stuff to the assistants and walked on board the train.

We walked to our usual carriage, Draco getting mad at the first years along the way, we took our seats and our friends joined us shortly after, Mattheo hadn't arrived yet and the train was departing so I was wondering where the hell my boyfriend was.

The train ride went quite fast as usual and it was my turn to get changed into my robes, I headed into the train bathroom and slipped on my robes, I headed towards the door and placed my hand on the handle, i whooshing sound echoed from behind me and I turned around, my eyes lit up as did his when they met "hello beautiful" he said with a grin, I smiled widely and ran up to him jumping to his arms wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, he placed one of his hand on my bum to steady me and the other behind my head pulling me into a passionate kiss.

We pulled away and he moved his hand from the back of my head to my jawline, rubbing his thumb along my cheek, he placed me down and kissed my cheek softly, he was already in his robes so we walked out of the bathroom, fingers entwined and headed back to the carriage.

"Hello mate, took you long enough" Blaise said as we took a seat "yeah, I couldn't take y/n's moping for much longer" Draco chuckled out "leave her be Draco" Pansy told him and he nodded, Draco sighed then wrapped his arm around Pansy pulling her close to him.

I leaned head on Mattheo's lap, we had the whole bench to our selves since Draco, Pansy, Cali and Blaise were sharing and Jade was off with the Gryffindors, I stretched my legs and closed my eyes.

A sudden jolt woke me "come on love, we're here" Mattheo's soothing voice said, I sat up slowly and slipped off the seat behind him, we exited the carriage and headed to the transportation.

"Those are interesting creatures, kinda cute in a way" I said as I climbed onto the cart that was pulled by horses with wings, that looked almost undead.
"What creatures y/n" Pansy asked softly "wait you can see them too" Mattheo asks me looking stunned "well I'm not blind, of course I can see a horse with wings" I laugh out as the horse begins to pull the carriage.

"Those are thestrals y/n" Cali said and I her a sort of annnnnd what look "they can only be seen by people who know someone who had died" she tells me "that's wrong, because I can see them and I don't know anyone who has died" I state "no she's right" Mattheo interrupts and looks at me with a sad look.

The thestrals begin to move and everyone stays quiet, Mattheo seemed to be lost in thought most of the time, occasionally glancing over at me with a puzzled and sad look. I don't know what they're on about, I don't know anyone that's dead.

The rest of the way to the castle was silent, with people giving me puzzled looks, I stepped out of the carriage and Mattheo took my hand in his and we entered the doors, we made our way to the great hall and took our seats.

Dumbledore made his usual start of year speech, then a lady dressed in all pink walked up to the front of the stage and began talking in her high pitched voice, I don't know what it was about her but something seemed off.

After the food the hall cleared and everyone went to their common rooms. "I'm pretty tired, I'm going to get some sleep" I say with a yawn propping myself up off of Mattheo's lap "yeah I'm pretty tired myself, let's go princess" Mattheo says with a yawn.

My eyes follow him as he stands up of the sofa and walks to stand in front of me, I reach my arms out and he picks me up swiftly "goodnight love birds" I hear Jade say and I shoot her a smile over Mattheo's shoulder before resting my head back down.

Mattheo walks us up to my dorm and gently lays me down on the bed, "goodnight princess" he says softly placing a kiss on my forehead "goodnight Theo" I smile back at him, i lay back down onto my pillow and pull the covers over my body, I watch as Mattheo exits the room closing the door behind him.

I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

I open my eyes slowly I'm in a dark room, the floor is concrete and cold and there are no walls, just endless darkness, I saw two blurry figures, I couldn't quite make out their faces, one man was on his knees  and the other had a wand pointed to the man on his knees head, "Avada Kedavra" I hear a strained voice say.

Everything slows, I inhale as I hear the words, my breathe hitches in the back sod my throat as a green light shoots out of the end of the wand, I watch, frozen in place as the man on the floor flies backwards and lays lifeless on the ground, I exhale a breath I forgot I was holding in, my warm breath against the cold air made every breath out visible.

"Crucio" the man still standing said pointing his wand towards me, a familiar pain strikes me in the chest, like ice cold shards of class flying through my body, I tried to scream, but I couldn't. "Y/n! Y/n wake up!" I heard my name along with other words muffled, i felt hands on my shoulders and i jolted upwards opening my eyes.

Finally I could hear my screams, "shhh y/n calm down, you're ok" Jade say down beside me and pulled me into a hug "what happened?" Cali asked "just a nightmare" I reply after finally catching my breath.

"Want me to get Mattheo?" Jade asked pulling away from our hug "no, I- I don't want to worry him over something stupid" i reply quickly, Jade's nodes "I'm ok, really you guys can go back to sleep" I tell them, the both yawn and nod, Cali and Jade climb into their beds and are asleep within seconds.

I lay my head back down on the pillow, every time I close my eyes for too long I feel the cold stabbing pain, so I lay there, nothing on my mind but the nightmare I had, I watch as the room around my slowly gets lighter as the sun rises, I tilt my head to the side to see the clock on my bedside table 5am, I slowly climb out of bed and make my way over to the shower.

The cold tiles of the bathroom floor numb my feet sending shivers up my body I step into the shower and turn the ice cold tap handles, the pipes creek and water pours out of the shower, the hot water reaches my skin and heats up my body, with each droplet I feel more awake, sliding my hands through my hair and over my body until I am fully covered in water.

I step out of the shower and squeeze out the water still caught in my hair, I stop and look in the mirror, I look at my eyes, flashes of my nightmare are on repeat in my mind, I pull my gaze away from my reflection and hastily grab a towel, wrapping it around my body, hiding from my reflection.

I step back out into the bedroom and see my friends sitting on their beds laughing, usually that would make me smile, but every time I try to smile my mind sinks back into that dark place, my nightmare, my memories.