Chapter 23:

Y/N's POV

It was the day after the party and everyone was sitting in the great hall waiting for Dumbledore to tell us we could go to the stadium to sit at a maze for ages, then the food finally disappeared and Dumbledore got everyone's attention with a loud clap "prefects would you please escort the members of your house to the stadium for the final task, triwizard champions follow me if you would please" Dumbledore bellowed.

Mattheo took my hand and we stood up together following the prefects, the wind was strong around the maze, strong and cold, we sat on one of the benches watching Dumbledore talk to the contestants.

The cool wind flickered against my skin causing me to shiver "you cold love?" Mattheo asked looking into my eyes "a wee bit" I answered with a nod, he took of his hoodie and handed it to me "I don't want you to get cold" I said "I probably won't, but if I do I guess we'll just have to hug to keep warm" he said pushing the hoodie further into my arms, I looked up at him with a smile then slipped on his hoodie, flicking my hair out that had been tucked in, he leaned down and kissed my forehead gently then pulled away with a smile making me blush.

About twenty minutes later, the cannon sounded and the champions headed into the what looked like a never-ending maze. It had been almost forty-five minutes since everyone had left and I was getting rather bored, red sparks shot up from the maze like fireworks and Dumbledore casted a spell and Fluer's body appeared in a stretcher then was swiftly taken away by madam Pomfry.

I clung onto Mattheo's left arm after seeing Fluer's  cut and bruised body, he pulled his left arm out of my grasp and wrapped it around me then placed his right hand on mine picking up my hand and kissing it "you're still cold love?" He questioned with a laugh "shut up" I replied sarcastically and pushed myself closer to him "how are you so hot" I said then widened my eyes after realising what I just said, he simply laughed and pulled me closer keeping me warm.

Around an hour had past since fluer showed up and I was slowly falling asleep on Mattheo, then I felt my lungs tightening, pain struck my chest, pain worse than I had ever felt, but I could not scream, I felt as though I couldn't breathe, taking in quick sharp breaths "y/n, y/n!" I heard Mattheo shout, I wanted to tell him to help me but I couldn't, I could't speak.

Mattheo stared into my eyes searching for what to do, I began clawing at my stomach where the pain was and he lifted my shirt.

Mattheo's POV

I looked under her shirt and saw a mark that I knew before, she was linked to Cedric, which means he must be either dying or in emended pain, her eyes closed and her breathing steadied, I held her in my arms as her friends and some others watched her, a loud swooshing sound came from the centre of the stadium and I turned my gaze to see Harry shouting something whilst lying on Cedrics body, claps and cheers sounded "stop clapping I think he's dead" I heard Pansy mutter from beside me.

Teachers rushed down to Harry and Cedric "he told me to bring his body back, I couldn't leave him, not there" Harry chocked out and gasps filled the audience, I had to get y/n out of here, she was all that was on my mind, good riddance to Cedric, I picked her up bridal style and carried her away from the stadium, as soon as I was out of sight i apparated to outside of the hospital wing, I saw Madam Pomfry tending to Fluer.

"Madam Pomfry, please I need your help" I said my voice slightly shaken, she looked over to me and pointed to a free bed, I placed y/n down and just as I did Madam Pomfry walked over "what happened" she asked feeling y/n's head for a temperature, I lifted y/n's tops a little showing the mark "who?" She asked "Cedric" I replied, anger swirling in me after uttering his name.

Madam Pomfry nodded and tended to y/n whilst I sat on a chair next to her, I held onto y/n's cold hands and watched her light breaths waiting for her to wake, around an hour had past and Madam Pomfry left y/n's side to tend to potter as he walked through griping onto his arm sending me a glare which I returned.

I felt y/n's fingers wiggle and I looked up to her face, her eyes fluttered open, squinting to adjust to the light of the room "finally" I sighed "always with the complaints" she uttered out softly making me chuckle "how are you feeling" I asked her "I'm feeling ok, what happened" she asked slowly sitting up "Cedric linked you to him, he died and you felt his pain" I said moving some hair out of her face "he's dead?" She asked wide eyes "yes, he is dead" I answered "will you hold me, I'm still tired" she muttered.

I lifted the sheets and slid in next to her, she rolled onto her side and rested her head on my chest, I wrapped my arms around her, and stroked her hair whilst she fell asleep wrapped in my arms, I drifted of to sleep soon after knowing she was safe in my embrace, as she will always be.

I woke up the next evening with her sitting up and eating some porridge "you could've woken me love" I said sitting up next to her "but you looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake you" she said softly and I chuckled "you may leave when you wish Miss y/ln, but do take it easy for the next few days" Madam Pomfry said taking away the finished bowl of porridge, Y/n nodded and turned to me.

"Let's get you out of here and all cleaned up shall we" I asked her, she nodded with a smile, I stood up and helped her out of the bed, we walked slowly to my dorm, I sat her down on the bed and walked into the bathroom, using a spell to fill the tub, I walked back to her and picked her up bridal style "ahh Mattheo" she giggled as I carried her into the Bathroom, I placed her down an she slid of her clothes from last night as I did the same, I looked her up and down as she removed her underwear then her bra "stop staring" she said meeting my eyes "can't help it beautiful" I smirked making her blush.

I stepped into the tub and held out my hand to help her, she slipped her hand into mine and stepped into the bath, slowly sitting down with her back to me, I grabbed some soap and rubbed her back with it, then massaging her shoulders, I then splashed some water on her back rubbing it off, I squeezed some conditioner onto my hand and rubbed it through her soft black hair, I then washed the conditioner out and we relaxed for a while.

We got out wrapping towels around our bodies then entering into the bedroom, it was around 10 when we finally got out, I pulled on some boxers and sweatpants as she put ok some underwear and one of my shirts which looked like a dress on her, she climbed into my bed and held out her arms signalling me to join her, I climbed into the bed next to her and rested my head on her chest, wrapping my arms around her waist, she rested one of her hands on my head and ran her fingers through my hair, I drifted off to sleep, calmed by her fingers scratching my head.

After the final task, the remaining two weeks passed by pretty quickly and with Cedric finally gone, it was peaceful at hogwarts, except for Harry ranting about my father being back. I had some business to attend to with some snatchers so I wouldn't see y/n for much of the holidays, she had decided to stay at the Malfoy's and her brother left her alone whit them whilst he went to their parents house, I was going to miss her loads.

As we said our goodbyes after the train ride I watched her walk with Draco to Ms and Mr Malfoy, she sent me a small smile then apparated away with them.

       —————END OF YEAR FOUR—————

A/N:

I will be starting to write year five, but I'm going to write a few chapters before I begin to release them so it might take a bit before they are out.

Thank you so much for reading my book so far, I hope you enjoyed.

😘