t w e n t y s i x

I clenched my fists as I turned the corner seeing school just across the street, I knew that Seb would probably be hanging around somewhere outside so I walked past the entrance of the school and around to the side of the building. I didn't see him at first, but then I saw the smoke billowing out into the air above him. He was leaning against the wall just staring into space.

"You fucking asshole." I spat storming up to him, he seemed startled probably not expecting to see me.

"What the hell are you talking about? I helped you." Seb claimed pushing himself off from the wall.

"You didn't tell me that Jack was your brother, I told you that he tried to rape me and you still had sex with me." I snapped wanting to hit him for being so oblivious but I had made a promise to grandma.

"He's my twin brother, what was I supposed to do? You probably would've never spoken to me again besides you came onto me first." Seb countered and I scoffed feeling myself lose more and more patience as time passed.

"No you kissed me first, god you're just like him." I pointed out, that seemed to piss him off because his fists clenched tightly.

"I am nothing like him. You don't know shit about me, if it wasn't for me you could be looking at charges." Seb replied through gritted teeth.

"Why do you want me to do? Suck you off as a thank you?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You know what I'm not going to listen to this, I didn't do anything wrong." Seb stated turning on his heel to walk away from me after throwing his cigarette on the ground and stomping it out.

"You didn't do it, did you?" I wondered believing there was no harm in asking him.

"I get that he tried to do something messed up to you, but why would I try and kill my brother for you?" Seb concluded leaving me standing at the side of the school, my hands visibly shaking as I tried to calm down.

I entered the school building and went to reception for a late pass, I stopped at my locker to grab my physics book, I climbed the stairs to the physics lab hoping I would be able to just focus on this class. I knocked on the door before opening it, Miss Harris stopped mid sentence and looked at me.

"Sorry, I have a late pass." I mentioned leaving it on her desk.

"Okay Bethany, take a seat and Lip will fill you in on what you've missed quietly." Miss Harris responded, I nodded and made my way down to the back.

I sat down at the lab bench next to Lip, he was writing something down from the slideshow at the front before he started talking to me.

"Hey jailbird, dig your way out with a spoon already?" Lip joked but I wasn't in the mood for humor right now.

"Can you tell me what we're doing?" I questioned ignoring his joke.

"Uh yeah, we started work and energy. Right now we're just looking at the different types starting with kinetic energy, I can lend you my notes later to catch up." Lip explained and I suddenly felt bad for being a bitch towards him.

"Sorry, my head is all over the place. I'll explain everything later, thank you." I whispered back opening my textbook on the chapter and listening as Miss Harris continued the slideshow.

Lip remained relatively quiet for the rest of the class apart from the occasional hum as he was working on the questions we'd been given for the last ten minutes of class. He bit down on the end of his pencil as he was thinking, his eyes trained solely on the textbook. I diverted my gaze before he caught me in the act, I read over the parts I had missed from the beginning of class.