t h i r t y t w o

"Where is Lip anyway?" I questioned blowing the smoke out into the air like Ian.

I ended up hanging out with him because Lip wasn't around for me to ask him something about our physics test.

"I'm not sure, probably trying to find more money for Friday." Ian stated watching me curiously, I furrowed my eyebrows as I leaned against the end of the bunk bed.

"What's on Friday?"

"It's Karen's birthday, Lip is planning a surprise for her." Ian answered, but I hid the hurt look on my face before Ian could see.

"So have they become more than just friends with benefits then?" I asked, my mood was a bit ruined now.

"Lip says they're just best friends, why? You jealous?" Ian teased with a smirk and I sighed not joining in on his laughter.

"Holy shit! You are, since when did you have a thing for Lip?"

"I don't have a thing for Lip and even if I did it wouldn't matter, he clearly likes Karen." I replied looking back at Ian, he frowned at me for a few seconds.

"He likes Karen because she's easy, but I've seen the way you two are around each other. You guys fucked in my bed for gods sake." Ian reminded me and I shook my head.

"You're still not going to let that go, Lip doesn't see me like that. We just use each other from time to time, but I can't do that anymore." I stated while running a hand through my hair.

"Because you've got feelings for Lip now." Ian clarified and I scoffed at him walking over to the window and throwing the cigarette out.

"I'm not going to get into this right now." I muttered picking my jacket up from the bunk bed.

"What are you so afraid of? You're a hell of a lot smarter than Karen, you're pretty and you don't sleep around." Ian pointed as I slipped on my jacket.

"Wow thanks, but I don't Lip sees it like that. Also Lip isn't exactly the most loyal guy around either." I responded crossing my arms over my chest.

"Maybe if he really liked you then he could be, but you won't know unless you try." Ian spoke and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Try what?" I jumped clutching my chest as Lip himself walked into the room taking off the scarf from around his neck.

"It's nothing important, I better go but I'll see you guys tomorrow." I mumbled turning on my heel.

I didn't wait for them to say anything else, I headed down stairs and waved at Fiona and Vee before I left through the front door. I sighed closing my eyes but a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Almost thought you'd disappeared off the face of the earth." Mia called from the sidewalk, I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked down the steps of the Gallagher's house.

"No I've just been busy." I lamely excused and Mia let out a dry laugh.

"Even I could come up with something better than that."

"What do you want?" I questioned stopping in front of her.

"I want answers, come on we're going for a walk." Mia urged and I mentally cursed myself for not staying with Ian and Lip longer.

"I should really get home, you know it's-"

"This won't take long I'm sure." Mia interrupted as she started to walk down the street, I followed her and waited for all of the questions she was bound to ask me.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you, I've had some stuff going on lately." I apologised as we walked in the direction of the L.

"Care to fill me in? I know you got caught up in some stuff about Jack Evans' accident, how'd that happen?" Mia asked, I guess Seb hadn't said anything about me to her.