f o u r t e e n

"So you moved all the way from Washington? I've never been there." Mia made conversation as we aimlessly walked the streets with hot chocolates in our grasps.

"Yeah, it was okay mild enough winters unlike the snow here. Lots of tourist attractions, if you're into statues and museums." I briefly explained while taking a sip from my cup.

"Doesn't really sound like my kinda scene, the marshmallows totally make this hot chocolate way better." Mia took a gulp from her cup and fixed the beanie on her head with one hand.

"I haven't really seen you around that much, did you go to that party a few weeks back?" I asked curiously, judging by the way I met her in the bathroom I don't think she spent a lot of time going to class.

"No I missed that one, I rarely ever go to parties. Being surrounded by drunk, high and horny teenagers doesn't appeal much to me." Mia replied and I laughed lightly.

There was a moment of silence before Mia dug her hand into her pocket to look at her phone.

"Shit, I need to head home." Mia stated with a displeased face.

"Is everything okay?" I questioned at her sudden change in mood.

"Yeah, mom just freaks a little when I don't tell her that I'm staying out for awhile after school. I better go, but I'll see you around I guess." Mia responded before giving me a quick wave over her shoulder.

I decided to head home, I was just about to open my gate when I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Fiona with Liam propped on her hip, she looked like she was in a rush.

"Hey Beth, do you think you could mind Liam for awhile? Ian had to go straight to work and Lip was supposed to be home but he's not, I wouldn't ask unless I really had to. I'm late for work." Fiona pleaded, there was no way I could turn her down.

"Sure, now go before you're even later." I urged taking Liam into my arms, a bright smile on his face.

"Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver."

"Let's get you out of the cold little guy." I cooed to Liam propping him on my hip like Fiona had.

When I entered the Gallagher house, I was surprised that it was quiet for once. Debbie, Grace and Carl weren't due home for at least another half hour anyway.

"Hey buddy, why don't we watch some cartoons?" I suggested earning a shy nod from Liam.

I sat down on the couch with Liam on my lap, I reached forward for the remote carefully keeping a hold of Liam at the same time. After flicking through the channels I managed to find a kids show of some sort. It was only a few minutes later when I heard Liam's stomach growl loudly.

"You hungry? Let's see what we can find for you." I stated holding him on my hip once again, a toothy grin taking over his face.

I opened the fridge not seeing much that would be suitable for Liam to eat apart from a yogurt, I bent down slightly and picked up before looking for a spoon in the drawers.

"Let's just put you in your high chair mister." I lifted Liam into the high chair before clipping the front tray on.

I pulled out a kitchen chair and sat in front of him with the yogurt and spoon.

"Open up little guy." I told him as I held the spoon towards his mouth.

Liam gurgled loudly before eating the yogurt, it went on like that for the next ten minutes trying to keep Liam's attention despite the background noise of the cartoons from the living room.

"Sorry Fiona I had a late-" Lip stopped once he saw me with Liam after coming into the kitchen through the back door.

"What are you doing here? Where's Fiona?" Lip questioned while pulling his jacket off his shoulders.

"She had to go to work and there was nobody here so she asked me to look after Liam for awhile." I clarified standing up from the chair to put the empty container in the trash.

I cleaned the spoon in the sink before putting back in the drawer. Liam's arm lifted in the air to Lip signaling that he wanted to be picked up, Lip reached down and lifted him into the air causing Liam to giggle.

"I missed you little guy, why don't we watch some cartoons in the living room." I couldn't help but smile at how Lip behaved with Liam.

"I should probably get going..." I trailed off while nodding my head to the door.

"You might as well stay for a bit, you'd like that wouldn't you Liam? He's already a heartbreaker and he's only a year old." Lip pointed out with a genuine smile.

"I wonder where he got that from." I mumbled but Lip seemed to hear me.

"Beats me."

We sat down on the couch barely after watching the show for five minutes when Liam looked at me and held his arms out.

"He wants to sit on your lap, what a traitor." Lip shook his head and I took Liam into my arms letting him sit on my lap.

It was mostly quiet for the next little while, that was until Debbie, Grace and Carl burst through the front door all yelling. Liam jumped in my lap after getting scared, I watched as his chin wobbled slightly before he started crying. I looked at Lip who seemed to be talking to Debbie.

I stood up with Liam in my arms gently rubbing his back and trying to calm him down, he soon stopped and I wiped the tears from his face. I could smell that he needed a diaper change.

"Lip, I think Liam needs to be changed where can I find a diaper?" I questioned, Carl whizzed past me up the stairs followed by Debbie and Grace.

"There should be some on top of the washing machine in the kitchen." Lip spoke and I stepped over a stray toy car into the kitchen where the washing machine was against the wall.

I picked up a diaper and some wet wipes before picking up a dirty towel from the kitchen floor, I draped the towel on the couch before putting Liam down.

"Okay Liam, lets get you all cleaned up." I could see Lip watching me as I changed Liam's diaper, his nose was wrinkling slightly because of the smell.

"How are you so good with kids?" Lip asked taking Liam into his arms while put the dirty diaper in the trash.

I quickly washed my hands in the kitchen before heading back into the living room.

"I used to babysit a lot back in Washington, there were a few toddlers in the neighborhood." I replied with a shrug.

"How did your biology class go?" Lip questioned turning serious, there was no getting out of it he would if I tried to lie.

"I skipped it, couldn't face it. I did try to go but then I saw Jack and he winked at me, it made my skin crawl." I answered and Lip cursed under his breath.

"I'm going to beat that arrogant son of a-" Lip seethed, but I interrupted him before he could go any further.

"No I'm not going to keep telling you and Ian, you're not getting expelled because of me." I reminded him, I swear I had told both him and Ian a hundred times by now.

"Where's the fun in that?"

Author's Note;
I felt like updating again, I'm slowly but surely getting back into the swing of this book.

Opinions on Mia?

Please just give it a vote and comment if you want to, thank you!

UNEDITED