n i n e

I stopped at the end of North Lawndale, I kneeled over resting my hands on my knees as I caught my breath

I stopped at the end of North Lawndale, I kneeled over resting my hands on my knees as I caught my breath. Blood stained my grazed knuckles, the cold air made me shiver especially the exposed skin of my left shoulder.

I coughed feeling the bile stuck in my throat, I gagged at the thought of what just happened. The contents of my stomach emptied onto the pavement, I couldn't go home like this. There was no way I could go to the Gallagher's, Lip had warned me not to go with Jack and I didn't listen to him. All for what? Just to make him jealous and hope for once he would pay attention to me instead of Karen Jackson.

I brushed more tears away from my face as I stumbled down the pavement, the only place I could think to go was the van in the Gallagher's back yard. It was a cold night, I doubt any of them would go out to it this late. I carefully made my way across their back yard towards the broken down van, I pulled the door open wincing at the squealing sound it made. I sat in the front seat closing the door behind me, that's when it hit me.

I was nearly raped.

I pulled my knees up to my chest, my body shook violently with sobs. It kept replaying in my head, over and over again. His dirty mouth on my neck and my lips, I gagged once again feeling like I was going to vomit again. I felt so powerless, I barely got out of there. I thought Jack had been sincere when he apologised, but it all changed when I saw the venomous look in his eyes.

I rested my chin on my knees, I stared at my hands wanting to rid them of the ugly reminder of what had happened.

"Frank? You're back early tonight, finally get barred from the Alibi?" The passenger door of the van opened startling me when Lip climbed in.

"Beth? What the hell are you doing here?" Lip questioned, my eyes widened at his bruised face and busted lip.

"What happened to you?" I croaked, I cleared my throat and let out a cough.

"Came across the Milkovich's trying to find Ian, I tried to get them to leave Ian alone and they decided to beat me instead." Lip explained with a shrug of his shoulders, his gaze fell to my hands and he looked at my knuckles carefully.

"What happened to you? Let me guess, you get robbed again? Maybe you were angry because the physics test didn't go good? Let's see, what else could ha-" Lip started with a crooked smile on his face.

"Jack tried to rape me." I interrupted, I got out of the van and stormed across the yard.

"Hold on, wait!" His hand grasped my wrist and I pulled my hand away from him just as quick.

"Don't touch me." I warned in a serious tone as I whipped around to face Lip.

"I won't, Jack did that to you?" Lip pointed to my shoulder and my knuckles.

The lump in my throat stopped me from answering so I just nodded weakly, I squeezed my eyes shut tightly trying to hold back more tears.

"I'll fucking kill that pervert." Lip spat with clenched fists.

My attempt at stopping the tears failed when I felt them cascading down my cheeks harder than before, I was shaking again and my knees were buckling from underneath me. Lip came closer to me, but I found it harder to breath. I held a hand up silently telling him to stop.

"I-I almost c-couldn't stop him." I stuttered through the short breaths.

I didn't see him come closer again, I just felt arms around me pulling into his chest. The sobs started again, but I didn't push him away if anything I held onto him tighter.

"It's going to be okay, I won't let him get away with this." Lip reassured while rubbing my back.

"N-no you can't d-do anything s-stupid." I told Lip looking up at him in desperation.

"Me, stupid? Not a chance." Lip agreed with a small smile.

I couldn't have Lip getting expelled, even though I hated to admit it most of the time, there was no doubt that Lip was one of the smartest people I knew. I couldn't let him throw away the chance of having a good future just to try get some revenge on my behalf.

"I'm sorry that I've been such an ass to you." Lip added and I was a little taken back at his sudden apology.

"It's o-okay, I w-was a bitch to you for the w-whole week." I clarified while sniffling.

"I stashed some vodka in the van earlier and I have a pack of cigarettes." Lip offered nodding his head back to the van.

"Not being s-sober sounds great right about now."

We sat in the van just like we had the night of the party, passing a bottle of vodka between us and smoking. We were silent mostly, I could tell that Lip was being really careful when speaking to me. He didn't ask anymore questions about what had happened which I was grateful for, I just wanted to forget it had ever happened.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy, one of half of my conscience was willing me to forget that anything had ever happened and the other half wanted to me to do something about it. I had gotten away, I was one of the lucky ones. What if there had been girls like me before who just stayed silent and that had given Jack the power to do it again. I could stop it ever happening to anyone again, that would involve going to the police and letting grandma know.

I wasn't sure I was prepared for any of that as I drank away the numbing pain of the night.

Author's Note;
Still not entirely sure if I'm happy with this chapter, I rewrote at least three times with different scenarios each time but I think this was the one I wanted to go with most.

Again I apologise if this may have effected any of you in any way.

Please vote and comment or privately message me about anything at all, big or small. Right now is a difficult time for all of us and it's good to talk to people so why not make new friends on here??

Thank you!

UNEDITED