t w o

I followed Ian reluctantly across the street to his house, he pushed the gate open but didn't bother closing it behind us

"Just a warning, I am not responsible for anything that is currently or may be going on in this house." Ian warned and I laughed it off.

"Can't be that bad, grandma hasn't said anything." I defended even though I knew nothing about these people.

"I'll let you decide that for yourself." Ian responded as he opened the front door.

I heard yelling before an action figure flew past the doorway of what looked to be the living room and hit the wall with thud.

"Carl, I told you not to throw things. Go pick it up!" I saw a woman with wavy dark hair similar to mine yell.

Ian nudged me forward a bit into the living room, there were empty beer bottles on the coffee table. The tv was turned on some random channel, a little boy with a buzz cut whizzed past us with a grin on his face.

Ian nodded his head towards the kitchen where I heard lots of voices, I took a deep breath staying close to Ian while stepping over random toys thrown carelessly across the stained floor. I entered the threshold of the kitchen where two women stood talking at the counter while a broadly built man with black slicked back hair and a beard to match sat drinking a beer, a little girl with red-ish hair similar to Ian sat flicking through a book. She looked around Grace's age, her hair was carelessly thrown into two pigtails. I hadn't even realised that they had all stopped what they were doing and were staring at me as I stood alongside Ian.

"Who's this Ian?" The woman I had seen previously yell at the little boy to pick up his action figure.

"This is Beth, she's Misses Carver's granddaughter. They just moved back today, some jerk mugged her after she left Kash's so I figured Vee could take a look at her wrist that she fell on." Ian explained and their expressions seem to soften at the mention of my grandma.

"You're Rose's granddaughter, sure I'll take a look at it." The woman who I presumed was Vee spoke with a smile.

"Debs can you go get the medical bag from my house? It's in the bathroom." Vee added looking towards the little girl that was sat behind the table.

"Sure, somebody needs to check on Liam." Debbie reminded as she walked past me and Ian.

"Shit is Lip not upstairs? I'm Fiona by the way, it's nice to meet you Beth." The wavy haired brunette stated as she rushed up the stairs.

"You too." I barely got in before she disappeared.

"Oh Beth this is Vee of course, that is her boyfriend Kev." Ian pointed to the guy across the room.

"Nice to meet you guys and thank you for doing this." I told Vee and she brushed it off with a wave of her hand.

"It's nothing besides I know just about as much any doctor, I just don't charge you." Vee jokes and I laughed lightly.

Vee sat down at the rounded table next to Kev, she pulled a chair out and gestures for me to sit down. I took a seat across from her and pulled my coat off so I could roll my sleeve up, Debbie raced back into the kitchen with a proud smile etched on her face.

"Okay let's take a look, hmm well the good news is that it's not broken." Vee confrimed and I sighed in relief, I winced slightly as she applied a bit of pressure.

"I'm afraid it is badly sprained, I'll bandage it up." Vee opened the box pulling out several different bandages.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I was surprised as a guy who looked a bit older than Ian stepped into the kitchen, he had messy dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Who's the chick?"

"This is Beth, she's Misses Carver's granddaughter, they just moved back today. Some jerk mugged her outside Kash's and she hurt her wrist." Ian gave him the run down.

"First day on the south side and you get mugged? That's rough, but welcome to the south side. I'm Lip," he simply spoke with a smirk.

"Lip why didn't you check on Liam? You were upstairs already." Fiona smacked the back of his head lightly as she held a toddler in her arms.

"I was doing my calculus homework." Lip excused lamely and I hadn't taken my eyes off of him.

"There, all done. Should be a bit more bearable now." Vee clarified as packed away the other bandages.

"Thank you again Vee." I stood and pushed the kitchen chair back in.

"I better head home, thank you guys for having me. I'll see you around." I called over my shoulder offering a wave as I left through the front door.

I looked both ways before crossing the street, I knew that I had school in the morning and that made me groan. It wasn't that I was terrible at school, in fact it was the complete opposite. I was a straight A student who had no idea what she wanted to do with her life, I climbed the steps of the porch and opened the door. Grandma was sat in the living room still waiting up for me, I smiled brightly when I saw her.

"You didn't have to wait up for me. Vee said it's badly sprained so she bandaged my wrist, you seem to be quite a hit with that family." I pointed out leaning against the doorway of the living room.

"I'm glad you're okay honey, they're good people who have a tough life." Grandma replied and I raised my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"An alcoholic father that is in our of the house at all hours and an absent mother, Fiona looks after all her siblings." Grandma told me, I was surprised I never even picked up on the fact that they were all siblings.

"I better get to sleep, I've got school in the morning. You should get some rest too."

"Grace has been sleeping since before we got here so I just decided to leave her to rest. I'll see you in the morning dear." Grandma whispered and I hugged before heading upstairs.

What a first day, robbed at the local convenience store. I wonder if tomorrow would be worse.

Author's Note;
Chapter two! Sorry if this chapter was a bit boring but I just wanted to show Beth and Lip meeting and also Beth meeting the rest of the Gallagher gang too.

Please vote and comment, I can't wait to write more! Thank you.

UNEDITED