t h i r t y f i v e

I walked behind Debbie, Grace and Carl. Ian strolled next to me telling me how glad he was that he didn't have to work tonight. We paused at the corner waiting for Lip to catch up with us, he came out of his house but was followed by Monica a few seconds later.

"Is she still trying to take Liam?" I asked lowly so the kids wouldn't hear.

"Yeah she said if Frank divorces her then she'll sign the settlement agreement, but she still wants to bring Liam with her. Lip and Fiona tried reasoning with Frank but he's a lost cause." Ian confirmed but our attention turned back to Lip who reached up to remove his mother's grip on his jacket before walking away from her.

"Everything okay?"

"Yep, just fucking amazing." Lip responded sarcastically walking ahead of us.

"Don't mind him, he's just been in a bad mood since Monica came back." Ian interjected once Lip was out of earshot.

The walk to school wasn't filled with much conversation although I didn't exactly blame any of them. I'd be the exact same way if Grace was being taken away. Monica's return was hard enough on them as it was but now with the addition of this on top didn't make it any better.

Lip's bad mood continued throughout the day, during the last period which was physics for both of us I left him to himself knowing that he wasn't in a talkative mood. When the bell chimed I caught up to Lip in the hallway, I didn't know why he was in such a hurry to get home when Monica would be there.

"What's the rush? I thought you'd want to avoid Monica for as long as possible." I pointed out dodging the crowds all trying to leave the building.

"I do, but the test results might have come and the sooner I know the better." Lip replied and I followed him out the front where I saw Ian waiting.

"I'll leave you guys to it, are you doing anything later?" I questioned, I had no idea how he would take the results whatever the outcome may be.

"We're having a family dinner, I want to be there not for Monica or Frank but just to make sure they don't pull even more shit. Why?"

"It doesn't matter, I'll see you guys tomorrow." I brushed off spotting Mia across the street waiting with her arms crossed.

Lip stared at me for a minute before Ian nudged his arm and they left in the direction of our neighborhood. I crossed the street and Mia smirked at me when I got closer.

"Hey, why are you looking at me like that?" I greeted, she let out a laugh before speaking.

"You and Lip Gallagher? Isn't he fucking around with Karen Jackson?" Mia asked and I rolled my eyes at her.

"We're just friends." I simply countered, but I knew she wasn't buying it.

"Cut the shit, have you fucked him yet?"

"I- yes." I stuttered with a sigh, there was no point trying to hide it she could see right through me.

"I knew it, you were totally giving him those fuck me eyes." Mia squealed and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Fuck me eyes?" I questioned as we started walking down the street.

"Yeah, it's a figure of speech, so do you like Lip?"

"I told you we're just friends besides he isn't one for relationships." I defended and Mia jutted her bottom lip out at me.

"That's a shame, what other decent, single guys do we both know that you had sex with? Oh yeah Seb." Mia pointed out, I had a feeling of where she was going with this.