s i x t e e n

"What was he like yesterday when you caught up with him?" Ian questioned while he sat on the floor doing sit ups.

I was sat on the end of his bed with my back against the wall, Lip hadn't spoken to Ian since he found out about Kash.

"He can't avoid you forever, you share a room. I think he's just annoyed that you didn't tell him about Kash and how he found out the way he did." I replied as I played with the ends of my hair.

"He slept in the van last night so he might just have frostbite by now." Ian told me and I rolled my eyes.

"He's probably down there right now, just go talk to him. I'm meeting Mia soon anyway..." I trailed off just waiting for Ian to ask who she was.

"Mia?" Ian echoed as he stood up and pulled a t-shirt on over his head.

"Yeah a girl from school, blonde hair, doesn't go to class much. Reminds me a bit of Lip sometimes." I added while slipping my arms through my jacket.

"True, but he's still smart enough to pass every class. Then there's me knowing I need to study for hours so my grades will be good enough."

"I'll see you later, walk Grace home for me tonight?" I questioned with a glance over my shoulder.

"Sure, have fun." Ian agreed and I headed downstairs without another word.

Fiona was sat on the couch with Liam in her lap, she looked tired probably trying to cope with all the jobs she's juggling.

"You have any idea what's going on with Ian and Lip?" Fiona asked after hearing my footsteps.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think I may have convinced them to talk to each other so hopefully things will be back to normal with them soon." I brushed off not going into detail because I knew that Ian hadn't even told Fiona that he was gay.

"I really hope so, thank you for looking after Liam the other day. I heard you were great with him." Fiona beamed while Liam stuck his tongue out.

"Yeah well I babysat back in Washington for a few families, but if you ever need me to look after him again just ask." I told her with a smile.

"I might have to take you up on that offer, you're a good kid Beth." Fiona replied while bouncing Liam on her lap.

"Thanks, I better head out. Bye."

I walked down the steps towards the street, I saw Frank stumbling across the front lawn trying to make his way up to the house. He slipped and fell into the snow with a thud.

"Ugh Debbie h-help me up." Frank grumbled in my direction as he struggled to get back up.

"Sorry Frank looks like you're on your own." I shot back before heading out the gate, I glanced back up towards Ian's window to see him looking down at Frank with a shake of his head.

My phone buzzed against my leg in my pocket, I pulled it out to see Mia's name flashing on the screen.

"Hey, I'm on my way. I should be there in a few minutes." I shivered slightly at the cold air.

"We're actually almost at the end of your street, we'll pick you up." Mia responded and I frowned, I thought I was just hanging out with Mia.

"We?" I wondered while walking towards the end of the street.

"There's a few people I want you to meet, just look out for a silver van."

"That totally sounds legit." My voice was full of sarcasm.

"It is, trust me these guys are totally cool. You smoke right?" Mia asked and I stood on the corner at the end of the street.

"Yeah, but just cigarettes. I've uh never smoked weed or anything... I thought that wasn't your scene." I reminded her of what she had told me the day she met me.