t e n

It turns out Lip Gallagher was even more smart than I had thought, I briefly remembered him trying to convince me to go to the police about what happened

It turns out Lip Gallagher was even more smart than I had thought, I briefly remembered him trying to convince me to go to the police about what happened. I couldn't do that, I'd have to relive every moment in detail and probably testify at trial which I was in no way prepared to do. Lip had ran back inside the house leaving alone in the van for a few minutes before he reappeared with a cellphone in his hand.

He took pictures of my knuckles, the torn sweater and the bruise that had formed on the exposed skin. Taking pictures as evidence to have incase I decided to pursue charges in the future was the last thing on my mind.

It was around noon now, Grandma had gone grocery shopping. Grace was hanging out with Debbie as usual across the street, I was sat on the flat roof outside my window at the back of the house. A cigarette held in my grip as I inhaled the smoke, I had struggled to keep my breakfast down while I sat with Grace and my grandma. I was working up the courage to try and tell Ian what had happened, he trusted me enough to tell me about him being gay so I felt like I owed it to him.

Telling Lip had been a spur of the moment thing, he was spewing all kinds scenarios at me which fueled my anger. That's why I told him, to get him to shut up and realise for once that he didn't know everything in this world.

"Don't think your grandma would be very happy if she saw you right now." I looked down to see the boy who had been running through my thoughts.

"She's not here besides what are you doing here?"

"Just checking up on you, you were pretty wasted when me and Ian hauled your ass back here last night." Lip stated and my eyes widened, they brought me back here last night.

"You don't remember, do you? Relax your grandma was out cold and Grace was still at our house." I let out a breath of relief at his words.

"Did you tell Ian what happened?" I asked half hoping he had so I wouldn't have to.

"No, I didn't know if you wanted him to know." Lip responded pushing his dirty blonde hair off his forehead.

I remained silent taking another drag from my cigarette, I needed to tell Ian. I trusted him a lot more than I trusted Lip and he hadn't managed to tell anyone what happened.

"You want a cigarette?" I offered picking up the packet from beside me.

"No I have to go see Karen, you should talk to Ian. He's better with feelings and shit than I am." Lip rejected stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

"Who would've thought." I dryly responded before standing up and climbing back in through the window.

I went downstairs to see grandma packing away groceries from the counter, I silently helped her but I felt her eyes studying me.

"Bethany, is everything okay? You've been really quiet today." Grandma pointed out as I handed her the milk carton.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a bit tired. I didn't sleep too well last night." I brushed off her comment with a fake smile.

"If you're sure that's all there is."

"I promise, come on that quiz show you like watching is going to be on soon." The lie slipped from lips without great difficulty.

That's how I spent the early afternoon, we didn't talk much only trying to guess the answers to some of the questions but I was content with it because it made keeping up the facade easier.

Grace came barreling through the front door with Debbie close behind, a doll clutched underneath their arms.

"Grandma, is it okay if me and Debbie play in my room?" Grace asked innocently even though she knew grandma wasn't going to say no.

"Yes dear, make sure to clean your room afterwards." Grandma agreed, the two girls took off down the hallway to Grace's room with high pitched squeals.

"I'm going to go make a batch of cookies, do you want anything to eat?"

"No I'm good, I think I'm going to go have a shower." I responded and switched the tv off.

I climbed the stairs and entered the bathroom across from my room, I shut the door behind me and locked it. I walked over to the sink and looked at my reflection, my skin was ghostly pale. There were dark rings underneath my eyes, I slowly peeled off my hoodie and moved the sleeve of my t-shirt off of my shoulder. There was a big, ugly, purple bruise right on the top of shoulder, I gently ran my fingers over the damaged flesh wincing and squeezing my eyes shut at the though of how I had gotten it.

I stripped down and turned on the shower, I felt dirty like my skin had been tainted. I scrubbed harshly watching as my skin turned a pinkish red colour, but I didn't feel any different. In fact, I think I felt even more disgusted. I let the water pour over me, I sank down onto the floor pulling my knees up to my chest.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed, it could've been seconds, minutes or even hours. I jumped at the sound of a knock coming through the door.

"Beth, Ian is here to see you. I told him you were in the shower, but he said that he needed to see you. He's in your room!" Grace called through the door before I heard her footsteps become more and more distant.

I carefully stood up and turned the water off, I pulled the shower curtain to the right and stepped out onto the mat. I grabbed two towels, I wrapped my hair into one and patted myself dry with the other and tucked it around my body holding onto the top.

Ian didn't know what happened, and Lip told me that he didn't tell him. I had no idea what excuse Lip made up last night when he got Ian to help him sneak me back here.

I had to tell him, I wanted to. I was just afraid of what he would do. I pushed the bathroom door open and shuffled across the hallway to my room, sure enough Ian was perched on the edge of my bed staring down at his hands. He whipped around to look at me when I closed the door behind me.

"Finally, you took your sweet time. Want to tell me why I had to help Lip haul your drunk ass back here last night? I really doubt you got drunk in the van for no reason, although I'll admit Lip does have that effect on people sometimes."

Author's Note;
It feels like forever since I updated this book, I'm hoping to focus on it a bit more since I've been lately putting all my attention into my other fanfic series.

I would really appreciate if you would vote and leave a comment if you want, I love reading and replying when I can! Thank you!

UNEDITED