t h i r t y s e v e n

"You know you don't need to stay, it doesn't seem like anything is going to happen soon." Fiona mumbled looking down at the floor while Debbie leaned against her shoulder.

"I don't mind, really it's fine. I want to kick their asses so bad." I replied and Fiona let out a laugh.

"You and me both." Fiona murmured before she spotted Tony walk up to the desk.

"Tony, have you seen them?" Fiona asked desperately standing up from the chair, me and Debbie followed her.

"They're still in the back." Tony answered stepping to the side to talk with us.

"When can I see them?" Fiona questioned pushing her hair back behind her ear.

"Well if Lip is tried as an adult then in court tomorrow." Tony told us and my eyes widened.

"Tried as an adult?" I panicked looking between Fiona and Tony.

"He's seventeen, they may charge him with a felony for grand theft auto." Tony explained and the seriousness of the situation really hit us.

"Lip wouldn't steal a car, he's way too smart for that and Ian doesn't even drive." Fiona pointed out but Tony just shook his head.

"If they didn't steal it-" Tony started and I wrapped my arm around Debbie.

"They didn't." I interrupted knowing they wouldn't do something that stupid.

"They have to tell the detectives who gave them the car and agree to testify." Tony responded giving Fiona a sympathetic look.

"You know neither of them will ever snitch." Fiona reasoned which was true, they would never snitch especially to the cops.

"Lip could be sentenced up to five years in prison." Tony told us before he was called over by another officer.

I sat back down with Fiona and Debbie, the Gallagher's always found a way around nearly every situation but somehow I think their luck might have finally run out. Fiona held her head in her hands and Debbie grabbed her hand to try and comfort her.

I waited with Debbie while Fiona went to make a phone call, it was around midnight and I could see the tiredness in Debbie's eyes.

"Debs, I can take you home if you're getting tired?" I offered, but I had a feeling she had some of her brother's stubbornness in her too.

"No, I want to stay with Fiona." Debbie declined swinging her legs back and forward in the chair.

Fiona came back a few minutes later still looking worried and even frustrated at this point. We waited watching several officers leave and new ones coming in, Debbie was lying across the chairs with her head in Fiona's lap. It was almost three in the morning and there was still no sign that Ian and Lip would be let out.

"Come on Debs, let's get home. Looks like they'll be spending the night here." Fiona stated helping a tired Debbie to her feet.

"Shouldn't we stay? What if they get released and we're not here?" Debbie worried grabbing Fiona's arm.

"Debs if they're not out yet, they won't be until tomorrow. We'll come back first thing in the morning, I promise." Fiona promised making Debbie give in.

"Can I crash at yours tonight? Grandma will have the door locked by now and I don't have my key." I spoke and Fiona nodded.

Kev came to pick us up looking like we had just woken him up, he didn't say much in the car on the way home. I think Fiona was grateful for it because she seemed to be trying to figure out some kind of way to get Lip and Ian out of this mess. Debbie had fallen asleep in the backseat next to me, her soft snores and the sound of the engine were the only noises to be heard.