Chapter 18

Dream POV:

We finally get to my house and it seems like nothing could get the smile off of my face. I help drag in George's luggage from the car as he just watches.

I think he must've brought his whole PC or something, there is no way that one person can have this much clothes for just one week. I finally unload everything from the car and we all make our way into the house.

"Woah, Dream. This house is really nice!" I look over to see that George is looking around the room with his eyes, but standing still next to me. I smile at him.

"Thanks! Well, you already knew that I recently moved house, but I also tried to clean it up and make it look nice for you as well." He just looked at me and laughed. "So are you going to give me a tour or not?" He enthusiastically grabs my hand and looks intently at me with a overall peaceful look on his face.

I honestly have no clue how he has so much energy. He was just on a plane for nearly 15 hours, I could never.

"Well of course I'll give you a tour! Let's start off right here." I walk with his hand in mine and gesture towards the living room and kitchen area.

"Here is where most of the hanging out will occur as well as the feasting." I chuckle a bit and walk into the kitchen.

"The cabinets over here are for plates and bowls, over here are for cups and mugs, and then the ones over here are for snacks." I say as I point to each cabinet. "You may eat whatever you like, I just ask that you don't finish off a big bag of chips without informing me beforehand."

"Seems fair enough." He says with a little smirk. My heart melts when he does that.

"A-alright," I cough to clear my throat. "And if you'll follow me down the hall, I'll show you the bedrooms."

Still holding hands, we make our way to the back of the hallway and are met with three doors. "This room," I say as I open the door. "Is mine." I smile. "It's where I spend most of my time. I record here as well."

We turn and open the second door. "This will be your room while you stay here. It's got everything you need. A clean bed, an empty closet, a desk, and a dresser."

"Wow." George says. Walking past me to sit on the bed. "This is almost nicer than my room at home!" He sits up and looks at me. "Thank you." We both smile and I turn.

"Shall we finish the tour?" I say, as he stands up and grabs my hand once more. "Indeed" he says, exaggerating his accent. We laugh.

"And if you'll walk a little this way, you'll find Nicks room." I point to the door. "He's in there right now and I'm not sure if he's streaming or something, so it's best if we stay out of there." He giggles as he says "Okay."

We walk into towards the living room as if to leave the hallway, but there's one more room left. "And this is the bathroom." I say, opening the door. "It's got everything in there. Toilet paper, tooth brush holder, etc."

He lets go of my hand as we walk into the living room and sit down on the couch.

"Is that all?" He asks. "Well not really." I point over his head to a door near the kitchen. "That's the laundry room over there, and the door to the garage is through there. I just didn't really think it was necessary to show you." I put my hand down and shrug.

"Well you've got a really nice house, Clay." I suddenly get butterflies in my stomach.

George yawns and I look back at him. "Hey, you must be tired. Go get some sleep." I grab his hand to help him up. We both grab some luggage and head to his room.

"Everything should be all set. There's clean sheets and pillows and everything already, so feel free to sleep whenever." He smiled and walks over to me, giving me a hug. I blush and hold him tighter to my chest.

After what seems like 5 minutes, he lets go and says, "Thank you Dream." I blush again. "No problem. It's what friends are for." His expression falters a little bit as I said that, he just must be tired or something.

"Well I guess I'll go ahead and get out of here so you can get some rest. Goodnight George." I smile at him as I leave the room and shut the door behind me.

I take a deep breath and make my way to my own room. I can't believe George is actually here. In my house. And he's my soulmate.

Wait- but soulmates don't exist. They can't. Can they?

                    !!!TW!!!
              (Bad memories)

I can faintly hear the sound of my father yelling and throwing things in my memories. I can hear him screaming, "THERE'S NO SUCH THINGS AS SOULMATES!" Crash. An empty whisky bottle on the ground.

"THE ONLY REAL THING ON THIS GOD FORSAKEN PLANET IS HEARTBREAK!" Another crash of a beer bottle onto the kitchen tile as I try to block the noise getting to my ears.

I fall onto the floor as I feel tears threaten my eyes, and pain in my throat from trying to hold it in.

"CLEAN THIS SH*T UP BOY!" He'd yell. "AND IF I EVER CATCH YOU TRYING TO FIND YOUR SOULMATE WITH THAT GODDAMNED COMPASS, I'LL KILL THEM!"

I grasp at my shirt trying to catch my breath. I lie down on the carpet and let it all out. I sob and gasp for air and sob some more. I try to be as quiet as possible, but it's not enough.

                 (TW over)

I can hear a knock at my door and the faintest voice coming through it.

"Dream?" The door cracks open and I see a very concerned looking George peek his head in at me. I just turn away and sob some more.

I can't have a soulmate. Who would even want someone like me? I'm too messed up.

*************************************
1075 words :0

Didn't expect that now, did you?
I apologize. ;-;
(Not really)

Okay, goodnight I guess <3