Chapter 10

MAJOR TIME SKIP ~
August 6th, 2017 ; Mid-day
Dream POV:

I'm finally turning 18 in just 6 days. Nick and I have plans around 7 tonight to celebrate his successful top surgery. I'm so glad that he's finally getting to become more like how he sees himself as. I couldn't be more thrilled.

I'm so glad he and we decided to open up to each other. Ever since we were 15 we've practically been joined at the hip. I couldn't imagine not having him in my life as a friend. He's helped me through so much just as I have for him.

There have definitely been some times in the past that I had no one else to turn to other than him. Like when I came out to my dad when I was like, 16, and told him that I believe in soulmates and wouldn't mind if mine was a girl, guy, enby, or anything in between, and my dad flipped his lid. Nick was there for me to comfort me.

And when Nick found out his soulmate was someone he really admired, I was there to tell him he was wrong when he didn't think he was good enough for his soulmate.

I wonder if I'll meet my soulmate soon.

*****************************************

Bzzt- Discord Notification

GeorgeNotFound: DREAM
Dream: GEORGE
GeorgeNotFound: IM COMING TO AMERICA IN TWO DAYS!!!!!!
Dream: What?
GeorgeNotFound: Yeah!
Dream: why?
GeorgeNotFound: My soulmate's birthday is on the 12th! They should be turning 18, so I'll be able to look for them without it being weird.

My birthdays on the 12th... well, statically speaking, 358,095 people were born on the same day as me. Still, I can't help but wonder..

Dream: Wanna meet up?!!
GeorgeNotFound: wait- really?
Dream: Nooo I'm joking. I don't want to meet my best friend.
GeorgeNotFound: You're an idiot.
Dream: Okay well do you want to meet up or not?
GeorgeNotFound: Sure, why not
Dream: Where do you want to meet? I live in *city name*
GeorgeNotFound: NO WAY! That's where my flight goes!
Dream: I'll meet you there!!! I'll bring SapNap!
GeorgeNotFound: YES, WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER
Dream: okay Phineas..
GeorgeNotFound: Whatever. I'm flight #14 and I should get there at around 9am your time
Dream: Wait, this is in two days right?
GeorgeNotFound: yes
Dream: I can't wait.
GeorgeNotFound: see you in two days! I need to start packing.
Dream: you do that. I need to meet SapNap for lunch anyway. See you in two days ;)

Wow. I'm going to meet George! Wait- what am I going to wear? Where is he going to sleep? I need to clean my house. There's so much to do and so little time to do it! I need to tell Nick to get his ass over here and help me.

•••

I run into the Red Robin Nick and I were meant to meet at for lunch and scan the room for him. There. I make my way to the table and take a seat in front of him.

"Woah, slow down Clay. What's wrong?" Nick looks concerned. I look at him excitedly then look away for a moment to take a few breaths to calm down.

"I'm meeting up with George in two days." I can hardly believe myself as the words fall from my mouth. He just stares and me and then suddenly bursts into laughter.

"Dude, get a grip. Do you need help or anything for getting your house ready? Is he staying there?" He asked.
"I actually have no idea. But, do you think you could help? I would really appreciate it." I pleaded.
"Fine but you're buying lunch." He sighs.
"Deal." We both say at the same time.

•••

"Goggy and Claaay sitting in a tree. K I S S I N G -"
"Nick! Stop!" My face was beat red at this point. He's been non-stop about this since we've been in the car. He just laughed at the face I was making.

"What? I'm just excited! I finally get to meet George too! And he gets to see your face for the first time!" He smiled. I actually hadn't thought about that. I forgot George doesn't know what I look like. What if he doesn't like me? What if I'm not as tall as he though? What if he-

"Clay." Nick said, interrupting my thoughts. "You shouldn't worry so much. George is going to love you." He said, punching my shoulder playfully.

"Yeah yeah, thanks." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Clay. I'm serious. You're amazing. And you're actually pretty good looking too, so you don't need to worry about him not liking your face or anything."
"Why do you always know what I'm thinking?"
"It's one of the many pros and cons to being your friend." He said, laughing.

We kept driving for a while until Nick seemed to remember something.

"Hey, I told Karl I'd stream with him tonight. Do you need my help still or can you drop me off at his place?"
"I guess I can drop you off. Just make sure you come by to help me tomorrow okay? And say hi to Karl for me."

We pulled into Karl's drive-way and Nick got out of the car.

"Bye Clay. See ya tomorrow!" He waved to me as he ran up to Karl's door. I went ahead and drove away even though he wasn't in the house yet. I mean- why wouldn't Karl let him in anyway? They're soulmates. Besides. If anything is wrong, Nick can just text me.

*****************************************
930 words!
I figured I'd go ahead and make Karl and SapNap soulmates just because of the way they are sometimes and also because of how I made Nick ace in the story and how Karl has said he has asexual tendencies irl.
Alright, have a good night and Merry Christmas if I don't post until then :)