Chapter 8

Dream POV:
"George can't play because he's on some dumb road trip on a search to find his soulmate." I honestly felt kind of hurt that he couldn't play. I was really excited about it too.

"That's a little weird." Nick stated, looking in my direction. "Isn't he like... 19 or something? Why is he just now looking for his soulmate?"

I didn't really think about that. George may be 19, but he definitely doesn't act his age. "His soulmate must have just turned 15."

"That would make the most sense I guess. Did he say when he left?" Nick asked.

"I would assume he left earlier today. He said he's been in the car for a while and England isn't all that big so he must be close to the other side of the country by now." That would make a lot of sense considering he lives in Brighton.

"True." Nick said, turning his attention back to his computer screen.

Suddenly I don't feel in the mood to play Minecraft. "Hey Nick?" I said, looking in his direction. He turned towards me. "I don't really wanna play Minecraft anymore. Is there anything else we could do?"

"Of course man! We could watch a movie, or play a board game, or make all kinds of snacks, or we could eat snacks while playing a board game while watching tv!" He said, getting really excited. I laughed, closing the lap top and taking off the headphones.

"That sounds like fun." I said.

•••

"Clay- you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to put the whipped cream on before the sprinkles." He burst out laughing as I supposedly messed up my ice cream.

"Well I don't really eat ice cream sooo." I said, laughing along with him as I continued to mess up my food.

"Okay, Clay." Nick said, trying to get his composer. "Yes Nick?" I said, still laughing a little bit. "Do you wanna watch Mulan or Frozen?" He said, laughing even more. I'm surprised he hasn't had a seizure from the pure amount of laughter this man has endured.

"I actually like the movie Mulan. She's a badass, dude!" I said while I flicked some peanut butter onto my ice cream - in - a - bowl concoction.

"Really? I kinda said it as a joke, but yeah, we can watch that." He took tray holding his ice cream, our drinks, and the popcorn to the coffee table in the living room while I finished up my science experiment of a dessert.

I took my bowl of ice cream into the living room and brought a few paper towels with me in case we spill anything. "So how are we gonna watch the movie? Do you have it on DVD or anything?" I asked, taking a seat next to Nick on the floor.

"Yeah, I actually have all of the Disney movies on DVD thanks to my mom." He laughed as he stood up to go start up the movie.

"Oh? Why did she get you all the Disney movies?" I could see Nicks expression change a little bit. He seemed- anxious? Interesting.

"Nick, if you don't feel comfortable talking about it you don't have to. I get it if there's a weird memory attached or something." I said, trying to sound as comforting as possible.

He seemed to calm down a bit at that. "Yeah, I'll tell you about it later tonight probably." He said. "I got the movie all set up so now all that's left to do is eat crap, watch the movie, and cuddle." He said, winking at me. I laughed and decided to go along with it.

•••

It just got to the point in the movie when all of the soldiers found out she was a girl from the guy revealing her bandages when Nick interrupted by saying, "That's really dangerous. Bandages like that are designed to get tighter as you move. She could've been really hurt by binding like that, especially if she slept in them." He seemed to know what he was talking about. I wonder why.

"Okay Mr. Doctor Nick." I said. "How did you know that?" I asked, genuinely intrigued. He looked at me, turned to pause the movie, then looked back at me.

"Clay, what the hell do you mean 'how do I know that'?" He looked at me as if I had just insulted him or something. "We've known each other for actual years man. I think we've known each other since we were like 12 and you still don't know?" He asked, looking actually confused at this point.

"Sorry? I really don't know what you're talking about." He laughed, which calmed me slightly. "Dude, I'm trans." He said, still laughing.

That actually kind of explained a lot of things. Wait- how the hell did I not realize that before? "Wait, you're trans? And I haven't been informed of this in the past?" I asked, half joking half not.

"Like I said, I genuinely thought you knew. Also, since I'm kinda spilling my guts right now anyways, I might as well tell you that I'm asexual." He was scratching his head as he said this.

I chuckled. "Oh! Okay well then I guess I should tell you that I'm actually pansexual." I said, a little nervous. He seemed to brighten up when I said that.

"YES!! I KNEW YOU WERE QUEER IN SOME FORM!" He jumped up and screamed. "Darryl owes me 20 bucks." He said with a wink.

"What the hell man?" I asked laughing it off.

I looked over at the time. 11:47. I'm actually starting to get kinda tired. "Hey Nick, I'm starting to get tired. Could we lay down now please?" I asked.

"Sure." He said. "But first we have to clean up our mess and then do the dishes. After that we can snuggle, okay?" He said, winking at me. "Okay." I said, chuckling a bit.

•••

So that's what we did. Except the snuggling part. We toootally didn't do that.

*****************************************
1003 words?!!!!
I guess I just felt ^*•~ InSpIrEd~•*^
Okay, goodnight. Love you <3