Chapter 3

George POV:

I almost forgot that Dream is only a freshman in high school. He definitely acts like it but I guess I just never really think about it.

On a different note, I can't believe I actually have a soulmate. I should try to follow the compass and see where it takes me. Oh my gosh. I should follow the compass and see where it takes me!!
"MUM!" I yell as I run down the stairs.

She's stood at the kitchen counter looking at me worriedly.
"Mum! Is it okay if I follow my compass over the weekend? Just to see how far away they might be."

She looks at me and ponders for a moment.

"Pear," she sighs
"You don't know how far away this person could even be. Heck! Before last night you didn't even know you could have a soulmate in the first place!"

I look at her with a pleading expression.

"George, I don't know. If you do go, I wouldn't be able to come along because I have things to do this weekend."

"Mum! You wouldn't need to come. I can bring plenty of money and things to keep me occupied for a few days. I just wanna see how far they might be. If the compass leads me to somewhere on the other side of the country then I'll at least know that they're far. But I can't just sit here and wait around if I know that there's a possibility that my soulmate could be in the same town as me."

She sits down and looks at me hesitantly.

"If you do go I want you to be safe. And make sure you bring your phone so you can keep in contact with me if you need help."
I smile so wide I think my face is gonna stick like that.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you! You won't regret it! I love you!"

I run upstairs to pack a bag.
Alright. I need clothes, a blanket and pillow, some money, toiletries, extra shoes, my phone, a pair of headphones, and some chargers.

I think that's it!

I make my way downstairs with all of my things only to see my mom sitting by the table.

"Honey, you should bring some food so you don't spend all your money on buying some." And she hands me a tote full of random food items along with some plastic dishes and silverware.

"Thank you." I smile at her and she smiles back.
__________
420 words 😏