Chapter 21

(Art above is by @anjitriestodraw on instagram, send some love <3)

Dream POV:

It's currently 14:39, which means that George and I have been sleeping on this bed cuddling for the past 4 hours. I just woke up 2 minutes ago, and I'm afraid to move. I don't want to wake the sleeping beauty.

I can't believe I broke down like that in front of him. I shouldn't have burdened him with a glimpse into my past. I've kept it from him for this long, and I just had to go and ruin it with me having a panic attack.

Oh well. It's all over now I guess.

His sleeping face looks so peaceful. There's not a single sign of any emotion in his face rather than complete tranquility.

His hair looks all ruffled and his mouth is just slightly open due to his sleep. I gently move his hair off of his forehead and have to hold myself back from kissing it.

He's so beautiful. I can't believe we're laying next to each other right now, no matter the circumstance. I want nothing more than to be with him and make him happy forever, but I don't think that I can be strong enough to do that.

I'm worried that my dad will find me somehow. And if he does, there's no telling what he would do to George.

I hold my arm up and look at my compass. It's still spinning. I run my hand through my hair and lie my head back down. I really really want to accept the fact that we're soulmates, but it's just so hard.

I can feel my throat start to close up from the emotion trying to escape my eyes. I can't let myself cry anymore than I already have, but I just can't help it.

Tears silently fall down my cheeks and I cover the top of my face with my forearm. I can feel something soft against my other arm and I look over. It's the cat stuffed animal. I feel like crying even more.

The fact that George thought to bring that cat to me to make me happier just makes me feel like crumbling to the floor.

I curl up closer towards George in hopes to feel better, it works. I wrap my arms around him and silently cry into his shirt. There's something so relieving about crying to the one you love, knowing that just letting it all out will make you feel better. That's true love.

I can feel him start to move around under my arms, but I can't bring myself to move. I just hold him tighter. I really need this, I hope he doesn't mind.

I can tell he's awake now, but it still takes me by surprise when I feel his arms wrap around me and hold me. I feel like crying even more, but I can't. I've used the tears all up.

"Clay? Are you feeling better?" Now he's rubbing my back, and I'm still holding him.

I look up at him and smile, tears still on my cheek but not in my eyes. "Yes, thank you." I hug him even tighter.

"Well I don't think I really did much. It was probably the least I could do." He smiled at me and gave me a hug.

I can't believe that he thinks that this is just basic human decency. He literally came into my room even though he was beat tired, comforted me even when he didn't know what was wrong, and even let me lay with him just so I can feel better. He's truly an angel on Earth.

I laugh a little bit. "I respectfully disagree." I lean back off of him and just lay next to him, facing him still.

"Dream? I have a question. It's kind of personal, so if you aren't comfortable answering, I'll understand." He looks extremely nervous as he says this.

"Well, it depends. What's the question?" I'm a little worried.

"Like I said, you don't have to answer, I'm just curious. What exactly made you think of your dad earlier? It wasn't something I did was it?" He genuinely looks upset, as if he thinks it was something that he might have done wrong.

"George. You did absolutely nothing wrong. It's just me, I've been in my own head too much today. I'll be fine." I assure him.

"Okay..." he still looks unsure, but I can tell he trusts me.

I need to change the subject or something... like- right now. I don't want his first day in Florida to be a sad experience. I try to loosen up and make my expressions on my face happier.

"Hey, do you wanna go out for lunch? I'm pretty sure Sapnap went out with Karl, so we have a few hours still!" I sit up with George and he smiles at me.

"That sounds like a great idea!" His face lights up with excitement.

"Alright. It's settled. George, my soulmate, you are going on a date with me." And right as those words leave my lips, I can see my compass stop spinning and start pointing to George.

I gasp. "George! GEORGE!! My compass!! It's pointing to you!!" I immediately tackle him with a hug and we start laughing.

"Thank you." I say to him when we calm down.

"For what?"

"For helping me accept you." As I say this I can see his face turn beet red.

"Now let's stop flirting and get ready already." I say jokingly as I get up from the bed.

George gets up soon after me, with his cat in hand. I smile at him and then we make our way out of the room to start getting ready for our first date.

Wait- date? That's not what this is... is it? Hold on a second-

I turn around to face George. "Is this going to be a date?" I ask, seemingly almost out of the blue.

"If you want it to be." George says, with a smug smirk on his face. I chuckle.

"Then it is. I can't wait for our date George~" I tease him as we make our way through the hallway.

He sighs very exaggerated as if to say 'oh god, what have I gotten myself into?' I just chuckle and think about how the rest of our day is going to be like.

*****************************************
1111 words (pog)

I just watched Frozen 2 -
It sucked.
I can't stop singing "ShOw YoUrSeLf-" and it's killing everyone in my house.

Okay. goodnight I guess.
Actually, I don't guess. Goodnight.
Like- actually go to bed now.
<3