Chapter 7

George POV:
I'm on the road again and at this point, it's been about 5 and a half-ish hours since I left home. It's going into the late hours of the night right now, and I'm about to fall asleep behind the wheel.

I'm somewhere near Plymouth at the moment. I think I'm gonna eat something and then get some rest.

I pull an apple out from the bag of food my mom gave me and began eating it. I love apples. I started thinking about how far I've traveled just to meet someone I've probably never even heard of in my life. What if they're all the way on the other side of the world?

I look at my compass and see that it's still facing southwest. What if they live in America? That would explain why I'm all the way in Plymouth and the compass s t i l l hasn't moved.

If they're in America that means that I won't be able to see them for a long time. Especially since they just turned 15. And if their in America, they can't legally move or anything like that for another 3 years at least! That kinda sucks.

Bzzt~
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Hmm, it's a message on discord. I look at the time. 2:09. Wow, I didn't realize it was so late. I look back at the message.

DreamXD:
GEORGE!! what are you doing rn? SapNap and I were gonna play some MC.

I decide to go ahead and reply.

GeorgeNotFound:
DREAM!! Lol- I'm actually on a road trip right now and I don't have my laptop with me. I can't play.

DreamXD:
Oh. Why are you on a road trip? Is your family forcing you on a vacation or smthn?

GeorgeNotFound:
No, I'm looking for my sOuLmAtE lmao

DreamXD:
Oh. Well good luck!

GeorgeNotFound:
Thank you. Sorry I couldn't play. I'm going to bed now, goodnight.

DreamXD:
Goodnight <3

Well that was kind of a short conversation. Oh well.

I put my phone away and set up the backseat of my car so I can try to sleep. I don't think I brought enough money to cover a stay in a hotel. Besides, I'm kinda small so it shouldn't be t o o uncomfortable in the back.

•••

I was wrong. The backseat is shit. I'm laying on seatbelt buckles and it's actually impossible to move them, so they're digging into my back and shoulders.

I suppose I could lean the seat back in the front seat, but then I wouldn't be able to move my legs as much. I hate this.

Hmm. I wonder- I look at the time. 4:27- I guess it's worth a try.

I put a sleeping bag and a pillow on the roof of my car. I parked in a park parking lot with no one else around, so hopefully no crackhead ends up seeing me and thinks it's a good idea to harass me.

I get on the roof and lie down. Aside from the fact that I'm in the middle of an empty park at 4 am, this is nice. I can see all the stars, they're beautiful.

I drift off to sleep in hopes to find my soulmate in the morning.

*****************************************
550 words O-o
Sorry if I really butchered this chapter with the time zones and crap. I'm only a dumb one and can't comprehend that kind of thing. Anyway, have a good night and thanks for reading. :)