Chapter 19

You after the end of last chapter: ^

George POV:

Dream just got done giving me a tour to his house and I'm really tired. The jet lag is real with me right now.

I'm a little upset that Dream referred to me as just a good friend. I thought that maybe he'd start saying something different since were soulmates.

I look down at the compass on my wrist and noticed that it's a lighter shade now, and it's pointing in the direction of Dream's room. I smile a bit at that.

I start unpacking my bag with my pajamas and comfy clothes into the dresser. I decide to just put on some sweatpants and take off my cardigan. I don't need to change my whole outfit just to take a nap.

I finished up unpacking clothes and decide to go ahead and make up my bed. I get my favorite pillow and blanket out of my other bag and put them on the bed. I also brought a cat stuffed animal that I sleep with occasionally when I'm upset. I've had her since I was a little kid. I'll put her on the nightstand for now.

I sit down on the bed and start scrolling through the notifications on my phone. Suddenly I can hear a sob come from the other room. My heart drops.

Maybe it was in my imagination? I listen against my door. No, it's still happening.

I leave my room and tip-toe across the hallway towards Dream's room. I listen through the door to make sure that my ears weren't deceiving me the first time.

Yep, the noise is definitely coming from in his room. I can't just leave him alone like this can I? He sounds so sad. I can't have this.

I walk back to my room to grab my stuffed animal and then I go back to his door. I knock on the door as soft as possible as not to startle Dream. I go ahead and open the door slightly just so I can peak my head in.

"Dream?" I ask, opening the door more.

He's lying on the floor in front of the door, tears are covering his face. My heart falls into my stomach. I can't stand to see him like this.

It seems like my body is moving on its own now. I drop my cat and fall to my knees and hold Dream as tight as I can.

He's now sitting up and I'm sitting in his lap with my legs wrapped around his torso and my head in his shoulder. I can't even have a comprehensive thought in this moment. All I know is that Dream is upset and I need to comfort him.

Before I know it, Dream starts sobbing even more, except this time he's holding onto me. Almost as if he's holding on for dear life.

I can feel his tears soak through my shirt, but I don't mind. I can feel my own tears fall as well.

Dream let's out a few more loud sobs as I hold him and then he starts to calm down. He backs away from my grasp and starts wiping his face with the inside of his wrist. I can see his compass is still spinning like crazy. That means he hasn't accepted that I'm his soulmate yet.

I feel even more like crying, but I'm not in here for that. I'm in here to comfort my soulmate.

Before I can even ask what's wrong, Dream speaks. "W-why did he ha-have to be like that to me?" He sobs again and wipes his face once again.

"He was so lo-loud." There is still a constant flow of tears coming from both of our eyes as he hiccups through his words.

"He w-was sup-supposed to be there fo-for me. N-not supposed t-to hate me." He holds onto me once more. I let him sob into my sleeve. It's the very least I can do right now.

I hold onto him and rub his back with one hand.

I work up the courage to finally say something. "Your dad?" He just nods into my shoulder and cries some more.

I lean away from him and grab my cat. I look at her, and then back at Dream.

"I've had this stuffed cat ever since I can remember. I sometimes hold her when I'm sad. I even remember holding her at times that I was so sad that I couldn't breathe. I thought she might bring you comfort as well."

I hand her over to Dream and he looks up at me. He looks as if he's going to break again any second now. He starts crying even more.

"Really?" He asked, smiling a little. I hug him.

"Really." I hold him tighter.

"Hey, do you want to get off the floor? I'll lay with you if you want." I ask, trying to be as gentle as possible.

It's as if I'm handling a really thin sheet of glass. I don't want to say the wrong thing and cause it to shatter.

He just nods and stands up. We lie down on top of the covers and Dream holds my stuffed cat while I hold him.

I just hope this makes him happier. We both drift off into a crying-induced sleep in each others arms. Hopefully when we wake up, it'll be a happier time.

**************************************
935 words :3

Did the cuddling make up for the pain I put you guys through?

No?

Oops...

[|87 <— Plague Dr.