Chapter 28

(Credit to @li-wri onTumblr ^^)
Karl Jacobs POV:

Nick and I had gotten back from our picnic date a several hours ago, and we have been binge watching movies ever since.

Currently we are on the last Twilight movie; Breaking Dawn: Part 2. I almost died laughing when he suggested we binged the series, but honestly, it's not t h a t bad.

"Hey Karl, can you pause it?" Nick asks, he stands up.

"Sure." I pause it. He tells me he's using the bathroom and I nod.

I pull out my phone and notice a message from Dream.

Dream (Clay): Hey, would you and Nick like to go on a double date with George and I? George wants the full ~American Experience~ so I'm taking him to Apple Bees XD

I chuckle at the last bit. That actually sounds like fun. I'll ask Nick when the movie is over.

Just then, Nick comes back and I set my phone back down. We situate our selves to be comfortable again, and I press play.

//////Time Skippity Doo Da//////

The credits start rolling and I turn the TV off.

"That was surprisingly better than I thought it would be." I say. Nick just chuckles, getting up and going towards the kitchen. I follow him.

"I'm glad you agreed to watch it with me. I know they're kinda cringe, but they're essential to see." I laugh and remember Dream's text from earlier.

"Dream texted me earlier. He wants to know if we want to double date with him and George at Apple Bees." He looks up at me.

"Sure! Sounds fun. I haven't been there in a while though." He says.

"Cool, I'll let him know that we're coming." I pull out my phone and start texting Dream.

Karl: That's a great idea! What time??

Dream is typing...

That was quick. I wonder if we're too late.

Dream: Be there by 18:30 :)) it's the one next to the strip mall that has the Dollar Tree.

Karl: Sweet! We'll see you there

I check the clock. 17:38. Ay.. nice. Okay- no. We need to get ready to leave within the next 20 minutes or we're gonna be late.

"Nick, we need to be there by six thirty so we gotta get ready right now if we wanna make it there on time." I inform him.

He nods and goes to the spare bedroom. That's where he keeps his clothes. He decided a while ago that he'd just leave half of his wardrobe here since he's over here so much anyway.

I go to my room and head straight for the closet. I think I'm gonna wear my swirly purple sweater, some black jeans, and my tied vans.

I go to the bathroom and get my hands wet in the sink. I scrunch my hair and try to shape it as best I can.

I step back and look in the mirror. That's as good as it's gonna get I guess. I look at the time, 17:49.

I walk to the kitchen and sit on one of the barstools. I pull out my phone as I wait for Nick to finish getting ready.

He comes out of the bathroom a couple minutes later. He's wearing a black sweatshirt with a flame logo on the front, some ripped jeans, and checkered vans. He also has on a chain.

Dazzling.

I snap out of it and ask, "You ready?"

"Yep!" He says, grabbing my hand and walking us out the door.

//////Time Skippity Doo Da//////

We get out of the car and go inside the Apple Bees. I see Dream and George's heads peaking over the top of a booth. I smile and walk Nick and I over.

"Hey guys!" I wave and sit down in the booth opposite from my friends. Nick sits next to me and says hello as well.

We talk and talk for was seems like hours. We eat our food, laugh, and just catch up. I love hanging out with these guys. They're all so much fun.

Soon enough, it's time for us to leave. I'm sad that the fun had to end, but then again, I'm glad that I get to go home and just snuggle with my soulmate.

We get home before too long and we both tiredly slump into my room. We take off our shoes and lie on the bed.

We lie down next to each other and I turn on the TV to a random movie that's on LifeTime.

Nick seems distracted and then he asks, "Karl... How do you feel about kids?" I'm surprised by the question, but I take a moment to think of a proper answer.

"Well, I love kids! Sometimes I think that having one might be a bit of a hassle, but I think it would be a great idea to have one in the future. Why?"

"Well- it's just- I've been thinking a lot about us recently, and I realized that I want to be with you forever." I smile as he continues.

"And I also realized that I want to do as much with you as I possibly can. I want to get as much as possible out of this world as long as I'm here, and I want to do it with you." I lay my head on his chest.

"That sounds amazing Nick."

We lay there in silence for a while until I decide to start the conversation again.

"Here in a few years when we are financially and mentally stable enough, I promise that I want to adopt a child with you."

He pulls me in for a hug and we lie there like that until I'm nearly asleep.

"I love you so much, Karl."

"I love you too, Nick."

***************************************
1035 words :D

Wow- I did not expect such a long chapter tonight, but I guess there was kinda a lot to talk about...

I'm finished mapping out where this story is going, and all I'm going to say is that there's only gonna be two more chapters after this.

I hope you guys enjoyed, and have a wonderful night / morning.

Sweet dreams <3

P.S (Love you guys) ~