fifty-two

the door of suyeon's room creaked open which made doyoung and suyeon turned their heads towards the direction. suyeon had waken up this morning, she just need to stay there for one day more.

doyoung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion seeing the boy in school uniform.

"how do you know..ah wait, yangyang isn't it?" doyoung asked.

"yes. he told me." renjun answered.

"since i'm already here, please can i talk to her?" renjun asked.

doyoung looked at suyeon and suyeon nodded. doyoung let out a heavy sigh as he walked out.

"don't try anything funny." doyoung warned before he closed the door.

renjun took a deep breath before he walked to suyeon. seeing suyeon in hospital bed made his heart ache and more painful to think that its his father's doing.

"how are you doing?" renjun asked gently as he took a seat beside suyeon.

"not really great." suyeon answered but looking out the window, avoiding renjun's eyes.

"suyeon, i have something to say." renjun said as he took suyeon's hand. suyeon didn't give any reaction.

"say it, then." suyeon said calmly, still not looking at renjun.

"look at me please.." renjun told her and suyeon sighed as she slowly turned to renjun.

"i'm so sorry on what happened that day but i promise you, the kiss meant nothing." renjun explained.

"yeah nothing." suyeon mocked.

"seriously, suyeon. it was against my will. furthermore, i found out that seri was lying to me all along. she wasn't sick." renjun said again.

"and before you say anything, you don't have to worry suyeon, i no longer have feelings for her, my heart is for you." he added.

"i don't really have anything to say, though." suyeon said. renjun stared into her eyes.

"are you mad at me?" renjun asked.

"i'm not, i believe in you. if you said it's nothing then it's nothing." suyeon said gently and smiled.

"seri cheated on me, i don't think i ever tell you that." renjun said. suyeon widened her eyes.

"really?"

renjun nodded.

"with mark and apparently, mark hated me all along." renjun hung his head low.

"i'm so sorry to hear that." suyeon said as her another hand strokes renjun's hand that held her hand.

renjun cleared his throat once again and slowly looked up to match suyeon's eyes again.

"i'm so sorry." renjun said, suyeon can barely heard him.

"for what?" suyeon asked.

"your situation now, i think it's my father's doing. i understand if you're mad and unable to forgive me but i'm so sorry, suyeon. i really am." renjun said in one breath, not letting suyeon cut him off.

"renjun, calm down. why wouldn't i forgive you? and why would i forgive you at the first place? it wasn't your fault. if it's really your father, then it's all happened already." suyeon reassured renjun.

"you're not mad at me?" renjun asked with teary eyes.

"i'm not." suyeon gave a weak smile.

"i promise you, i'll protect you. i solemnly swear to protect you." renjun said as he tightened his grip of suyeon's hand.